Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2022, 10:35 AM   #61

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 87Duckfan Quote
I'm curious-why SR off? Are you shooting with a tripod or monopod?
I am shooting without tripod or monopod. These settings proofed to be all right. I got the SR setting from earlier discussions on this forum.

12-01-2022, 10:09 AM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by basrietkerk Quote
I am shooting without tripod or monopod. These settings proofed to be all right. I got the SR setting from earlier discussions on this forum.
Interesting. Do others shoot with SR off? Seems like that would provide inferior results.
12-01-2022, 09:09 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Interesting. Do others shoot with SR off? Seems like that would provide inferior results.
It's irrelevant if you're shooting at 1/1250. But no, I keep it on.
12-02-2022, 02:11 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
It's irrelevant if you're shooting at 1/1250. But no, I keep it on.
Ok, makes sense. I always leave it on, as my shutter speeds might change (TAv mode), but wondered if there was some negative to using it.

12-03-2022, 12:50 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, makes sense. I always leave it on, as my shutter speeds might change (TAv mode), but wondered if there was some negative to using it.
There is a negative to using SR when the camera is on a tripod,
12-03-2022, 03:18 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
There is a negative to using SR when the camera is on a tripod,
Yes, thank you, I'm aware of that. I was more curious if there was a negative when off tripod. Which is what the previous user commented he was using and achieving better results.
12-03-2022, 09:51 PM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, thank you, I'm aware of that. I was more curious if there was a negative when off tripod. Which is what the previous user commented he was using and achieving better results.
Ah apologies. I re-read the previous posts and now understand.

I seem to recall that the early versions of SR could cause problems when hand-held panning shots were taken, and the advice then was to turn it off. Later versions of SR handle panning ok if I recall correctly, so best to leave it on. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in here if I have got that wrong.

Personally I leave it on all the time. At faster shutter speeds it wont be doing anything, but at slower speeds it will.