Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I own a jewelry web site and, hm ...offering a discount to my Pentax family I need to raise money for a new lens
find my site link in my siggy I need to get my light tent out and give this another shot!

Last edited by rmtagg; 07-30-2008 at 07:49 PM.
07-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I collect this japanese toy line called "SIC". The shows itself are power ranger-esque but much more interesting =)
07-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I like to relax by makin a little noise. Not me in the picture, but I was shooting from behind the camera.

07-31-2008, 02:55 AM   #19
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
collectible vehicles/slide shows for homebound people

I don't own a collectible vehicle (unless a 2001 Impala becomes one), but I love photographing them at shows, cruises and elsewhere. I'll have a monthlong exhibit of such photos in my small city's downtown camera store in September. During one September weekend, there's a major cruise and car show. The cruise starts and ends downtown, where the car show is held. I'm making a DVD of car photos, with music in the background, to give to nursing homes, assisted living centers and a VA hospital so residents and patients who don't get out to see the cars can enjoy them. I'm doing the same with other community events.

Attached Images

07-31-2008, 05:45 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Hiking and bush walking would be my other interest so the camera tags along often.

Not another hobby - but my real job is teaching at a small college. I do most of the pics for sports days and special events. Can't show pics here much for obvious reasons but get to do many more images than I do for personal enjoyment.

I live in a small community and also get to do the shots for the community events weddings etc for costs - local newspaper pays a little for images but I do it for the experience mostly.
07-31-2008, 09:14 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
I don't own a collectible vehicle (unless a 2001 Impala becomes one), but I love photographing them at shows, cruises and elsewhere. I'll have a monthlong exhibit of such photos in my small city's downtown camera store in September. During one September weekend, there's a major cruise and car show. The cruise starts and ends downtown, where the car show is held. I'm making a DVD of car photos, with music in the background, to give to nursing homes, assisted living centers and a VA hospital so residents and patients who don't get out to see the cars can enjoy them. I'm doing the same with other community events.
I love the old cars too, you cant beat a classic brit or a 57 Chevy bel air nomad (my dream car). Not many shows in my area, so I take pictures of my helicopters and my 1993 renault clio or my 1966 austin 1300 or my 1969 Riley Elf......
07-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hike in the Rockies

We have an informal hiking club here, and of course I take my cameras with me. This shot was taken with the MZ-S last year using the FA 24-90, and demonstrates some of the gorgeous scenery in my neighbourhood. This shot is a 30 minute drive and a 2 hour hike from my home. The altitude is about 7,000 feet at this photo. This is a drug store scan from Fuji 400 negative film.

Attached Images

07-31-2008, 11:01 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Wow! That's some neighborhood!

Having NYC nearby is nice, but I would absolutely love having stuff like that to shoot.

Incredible scenery...
07-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well as i promised at the beginning, here is a picture of two of my helis....

These two are actually the same helicopter, but the right one is the same as the left one just with a full sports kit fitted....
They are lots of fun, but for a 1 hour charge you get just 5-9mins flight!
So I usually have 5-6 batteries with me, but you must leave them cool before you fly again, those motors can get very hot in flight!

Anybody else fly these?
07-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I like gardening and do some work at the local Botanic Gardens as well. Hence lots of flower shots, insects etc. Not as way out as some of the hobbies already mentioned but it keeps me sane

07-31-2008, 09:02 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Wow! That's some neighborhood!

Having NYC nearby is nice, but I would absolutely love having stuff like that to shoot.

Incredible scenery...
You'll just have to come out and visit the area! I can point you to some hikes that are anywhere from easy to OMG difficult (I don't do those!)
07-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I like to fish, here I am with a beautiful smallmouth bass. Shot by my fishin' buddy with my old reliable Ricoh KR-5, and scanned on a lousy scanner. Of course, this regal fish was released as soon as the photos were snapped

08-01-2008, 07:05 AM   #28
Inactive Account

I play guitar and piano, but suprisingly don't photograph my guitars too often....
But here are a couple -

08-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #29
Inactive Account

Along with photography I also paint (Acrylic), do found object sculpture, and am involved in robotics. So far there is a great deal of cross-over.

I take shots of work in progress and complete work; it helps to keep a record of what I have been working on and in some cases to aid in the work.

DEVS
08-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #30
Veteran Member

For my hobby, I work!

Well, it's a hobby business I run on the side and it really is relaxing! I love woodworking so I design and make flag and award display cases and sell them on the internet. Actually, its done quite well! All the product images are courtesy of Pentax!

Check it out at www.classicalharwood.com

Last edited by navcom; 08-05-2008 at 04:30 AM.