Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
UK Cashback Offer: which barcode?!

Ok, I bought a k20d + kit lens + 55-300mm one week ago. i have receipts and the cashback form but also a problem. Either pentax, the distributer, importer, or shop have stuck another barcode over the old one. I guess i just remove it and cut out the original? Anyone from UK have experience of this?

If anyone in england has got a successful claim recently it would be really helpful if you could explain in more detail what you did. Some of the terms and conditions seem pretty vague and i DONT want to mess this up.

I dont know if this new barcode is "official" or not. maybe i should ask at the shop.

Also, would a printed invoice do as well as the receipt?

oh, and hi everyone, this is my first post
i keep my photographs here: Flickr: isaac eastgate's Photostream

08-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #2

Welcome mate..!!

I haven't availed the cashback from UK, but if I were you, I would speak to Pentax UK first to clarify about barcode.

As for the receipt, you need 'till receipt' as specified on the website.

In addition, someone would definitely provide you more information about cashbacks on this forum as I dont believe the process is any different from US rebates.

Have fun clicking..!!

Cheers
Nish
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IsaacEastgate Quote
Ok, I bought a k20d + kit lens + 55-300mm one week ago. i have receipts and the cashback form but also a problem. Either pentax, the distributer, importer, or shop have stuck another barcode over the old one. I guess i just remove it and cut out the original? Anyone from UK have experience of this?

If anyone in england has got a successful claim recently it would be really helpful if you could explain in more detail what you did. Some of the terms and conditions seem pretty vague and i DONT want to mess this up.

I dont know if this new barcode is "official" or not. maybe i should ask at the shop.

Also, would a printed invoice do as well as the receipt?

oh, and hi everyone, this is my first post
i keep my photographs here: Flickr: isaac eastgate's Photostream
I am not sure about UK, but in USA I got my rebate for K10D w/ a barcode label printed and attached on top of the original one printed on the box itself. However it is always wise to call and ask (and may be get this in writing - by email I mean).
08-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for that. Reassures me that i wont have too much trouble and they aren't just going to refuse it. Now that this has been moved to "everything else" its unlikely to get any more attention, so I've emailed customer support and i'll wait for their reply.

Good advice, thanks.