Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Just for the fun of it

I signed up this morning for a couple of digital photography classes through the continuing education department of the local college. Even though I've been using film SLRs for almost 40 years, I've only been using digital for about 4 months so I don't think the classes will hurt and most probably will help. Anyway for the fun part. Probably it will be mostly CaN*kon users in the class and if so I intend at some point to pop a M42 S-M-C Tak 50mm 1.4 onto my K100D Super and see what reactions I get. Maybe I'll get a chance to use that "24 million lenses and all of them with shake reduction" line. (Insert maniacal laugh here)

CW

08-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Banned

hope you have fun!
08-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
...I intend at some point to pop a M42 S-M-C Tak 50mm 1.4 onto my K100D Super and see what reactions I get.
Well, at least you're using a Super-Multi-Coated Tak. I'm a straight Super Tak guy. But really, let's quit talking up any Takumar lens. All those C***n and N***n users are running around bidding these wonderful lenses to ridiculous prices. Have you priced a decent 85 or 105 recently? As for the 35/2.0, fugeddaboutit!!!

If they ask about your lens in class, tell them that it is radioactive, that they have to have an EPA permit to use the lens, and if they are not properly trained in the use of Takumar lenses, they could have their shooting eye shrivel up and fall out, and maybe most of their teeth for all I know.

Bill SLR film shooter for only 38 years

Last edited by wlank; 08-07-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: more info
08-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Please share the reactions you get.

08-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
If they ask about your lens in class, tell them that it is radioactive, that they have to have an EPA permit to use the lens, and if they are not properly trained in the use of Takumar lenses, they could have their shooting eye shrivel up and fall out, and maybe most of their teeth for all I know.
Bill, that's the best laugh I've had all week and a darn good idea at that. BTW, all my M42s are Super Taks except that one S-M-C. Could that be why I have very little hair and few teeth left. And all this time I thought it was those funny glow-in-the-dark bombs I worked on in the Navy.

CW
08-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
I signed up this morning for a couple of digital photography classes through the continuing education department of the local college. Even though I've been using film SLRs for almost 40 years, I've only been using digital for about 4 months so I don't think the classes will hurt and most probably will help. Anyway for the fun part. Probably it will be mostly CaN*kon users in the class and if so I intend at some point to pop a M42 S-M-C Tak 50mm 1.4 onto my K100D Super and see what reactions I get. Maybe I'll get a chance to use that "24 million lenses and all of them with shake reduction" line. (Insert maniacal laugh here)

CW
Great idea. Let us know how it goes. I've considered continuing education classes before. They're cheap and usually informative. I'd love to see your fellow classmates watch you slap on a 40 year old lens and have it stabilized.

BTW - how did I ever miss the fact that you're a Dawg? I'm a two-time Dawg myself. Not a lot of fans out here in Texas, though I do notice more hats and bumper stickers given our recent success. I returned to the Cocktail Party last year for the first time in several years. I picked a good time to return.
08-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Very nice. Wish I had an opportunity like that in my area. I will be looking for updates on how you are enjoying the class.