Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2008, 02:19 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by beaumont Quote
Is EBay the way to go to get the best prices from prodigital2000? Are all of the items being bid on new?...
That's the only way they sell. Though the same owner has a local camera shop franchise, the businesses are not linked. All of the items are new and not grey market.

08-11-2008, 06:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
That's the only way they sell. Though the same owner has a local camera shop franchise, the businesses are not linked. All of the items are new and not grey market.
thx muchly (some good prices indeed...)
08-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #18
Veteran Member

there is no internet in canada, it is a myth.
08-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
I thought Canadians created the Internet?

08-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
I thought Canadians created the Internet?
well, William Gibson is an american... but he did live in Vancouver for most of his life... so maybe, yeah
08-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
He he...

c[_]
08-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
Henry's is great, as they carry a lot of Pentax gear in store. If they don't have it there they will get it in for your to look at/touch. They will also price match online stores as long as the price isn't below their own purchase price.

Prodigital is also very good. Email correspondence is poor, but phone calls work great. Their prices are excellent and their shipping is very fast.

B&H is also very good. If you are Canadian you have to be mindful to add ~ 20-30% of your final cost to import charges though.

c[_]
When ordering stuff online from the United States, you should ALWAYS ask for shipping via USPS (United States Postal Service). Most shippers will add custom brokerage fees (UPS likely being the most expensive), but you don't have those fees with USPS. If my memory serves me well (I sometime wonder), ther shouldn't be any duty charges on lens coming from the United States.

08-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #23

If you live close to the 'line' you may find there is a business that will receive shipments for you. Depending on the value or how big it is it may be faster or more economical to get it shipped to the boarder and drive across and bring it home yourself. I've done that for items that were $75 to the boarder town and $650 (not counting any additional duties, taxes or even more brokerage fees) to me, 45 mins further.

I don't know if I'd do it for a single small parcel.

For any Lower Mainland readers - Ship Happens in Sumas is one such business.

(and no I don't get any $ or perks for that plug)
11-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #24
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For any Lower Mainland readers - Ship Happens in Sumas is one such business.

(and no I don't get any $ or perks for that plug)[/QUOTE]

I have used Blaine Enterprises (360) 332-6825 (for my 600mm F4) and have been quite happy with them.
11-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #25
Kei

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Henrys and The Camera Store for me...

Pat
+1

I've bought stuff from these 2 stores so far, haven't tried others yet. So far everything is perfect.
12-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #26
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
When ordering stuff online from the United States, you should ALWAYS ask for shipping via USPS (United States Postal Service). Most shippers will add custom brokerage fees (UPS likely being the most expensive), but you don't have those fees with USPS. If my memory serves me well (I sometime wonder), ther shouldn't be any duty charges on lens coming from the United States.
If you ship to Canada via UPS "Expedited" or "Worldwide Saver" brokerage is included. I've also found that the UPS online package tracking option is substantially more reliable than usps.gov. Finally, if a package is mislaid in transit, UPS has been considerable more helpful. Your mileage may vary.
12-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #27
Veteran Member

+1 on prodigital2000, there is another I bought from Camera Canada. Good store also.
12-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have been extremely happy with Galaxy Camera in Ottawa. top notch service, and 100% satisfaction from me (and over a thousand others). They have no negative feedback, ever. I got my k10d, battery pack, 12-24 and 50-135 from them.
12-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
ther shouldn't be any duty charges on lens coming from the United States.
But sometimes there are duties, I have this ongoing dispute with the web site that puts together lens prices for CDN buyers and they refuse to acknowledge that we get hit with cistoms charges sometimes.
12-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
But sometimes there are duties, I have this ongoing dispute with the web site that puts together lens prices for CDN buyers and they refuse to acknowledge that we get hit with cistoms charges sometimes.
I suspect the charges are not duties and excise, but rather the courier's charge for clearing the item. It's a rip off, but unless you can get the supplier to ship via the postal services, UPS will get you.