Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, being a Pentaxian is being a little obsessed.

Yes, being a Pentaxian is being a little obsessed. I have admitted to that a while back.

I had a post a few Months back where I was talking about one of my best photographic gadget. I own this older 1988 Jeep Wrangler that we modified so that it could go just about anywhere. I find it very useful to go where I wouldn't be able to go otherwise. Here in California, we have a lot of mountains and desert areas, and of course, miles and miles of beaches, not all easily accessible. Although many places can be accessed by foot, if you want to go in nature and be back for supper, you have to drive to your destination. That's why I consider my Jeep as part of my photographic equipment.

I have decals on my Jeep, one that says YJ because the Jeep model is a ...YJ. I have one of Yosemite and one of National Geographic. Yosemite because I think it is one of the most beautiful place and National Geographic because I always dreamed of having my photographs features in National Geographic. Although it never happened, it's not uncommon for people to assume that I shoot for National Geographic. Don't I wish!

Well, I shoot Pentax and I did not have a Pentax sticker. Of course, there is the LBA sticker, but not everyone knows the meaning. So I went to work and designed a sticker that shows I'm a Pentax shooter. I incorporated a silhouette of my Jeep and a Yucca tree in the background. I had a local sign printing business make the stickers for me in vinyl.

Now, I think that all my hobbies and dreams are affixed to my Jeep for the whole world to see. I'm proud of who I am and what I love.

By the way, all photos were taken with the K20D and the new Pentax DA* 200mm f/2.8. Watch for my upcoming photographer's review of the DA* 200mm and the DA* 300mm. For me, a photographer's review will be one of a non-pixel peeper. One that shows real pictures taken with the lenses, instead of graphics inside a studio. One that talks about the construction, the feel and the look of the lenses. It will be about the lenses as a tool for you...the photographers.

That's what being a Pentaxian is all about.

Thank you for reading.

Yvon Bourque

08-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Great post. I like the sticker. I love going off road here in Colorado and getting to out of the way places and taking in the great scenery. Of course most Jeep guys are surprised when I take my H3 everywhere they do
08-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Very cool looking jeep Yvon, it's a perfect match for the Pentax color and a perfect match for the Pentax ruggedness. And the logo, well done, it evokes nature, you have a complete package. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Rene
08-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I look at that Jeep and it makes me wish cars could last that long in Québec. But with winter driving and de-icing salt on the roads, rust is a serious problem here.

08-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
I look at that Jeep and it makes me wish cars could last that long in Québec. But with winter driving and de-icing salt on the roads, rust is a serious problem here.

I understand Flyer. I lived in Montreal most of my life. Here in California, cars don't rust, but the paint gets faded fast if you don't garage your car.
08-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #6

Yvon:

How can I get one of those stickers for my 97 Wrangler?

John
08-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnV3 Quote
Yvon:

How can I get one of those stickers for my 97 Wrangler?

John

John,

If there was a demand, I would order in quantity and could save and sell much lower. My stickers were made to order, just two of them and it costs me $10.00 each. It is a combination of three vinyl cutouts. One white, one black and one red, hence the cost. I could get you some made but it would be these same price plus the shipping.

Regards,

Yvon Bourque

08-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
Damn Brit

Yvon, you make me jealous. I wish I could justify having one of those (the jeep I mean, not the sticker). When we move to some land in a couple of years maybe it will be feasible, until then I'll just come back and look at these shots occasionally and that one you posted back in May.
Gary
08-10-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
I understand Flyer. I lived in Montreal most of my life. Here in California, cars don't rust, but the paint gets faded fast if you don't garage your car.
With your name, I thought you might be from Québec. Actually, I could live with fading paint. But rust is a little harder to fix. If ever you feel like chatting about Montréal, just send a PM.
08-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
Banned

I actually like the National Geographic sticker more.
08-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #11

Yvon: Thanks anyway. I'll pass on the stickers but I may decide to get your K20 book. I've been putting it off because I have the K10 book and don't know if there is much to gain in the K20 book.

My Jeep Wrangler is my only vehicle (except my wife's car) and is my daily transportation. I have creature comforts though: satellite radio, two stereo amplifiers for the radio and 10 in. subwoofer, a scanner, external CD player, and CB radio, and GPS unit. It has a hard top for security and cold a/c along with added floor insulation for noise reduction. Obviously I don't do any rock climbing or Rubicon trails with it. The Jeep interiors were redesigned in '97 and later models with other creature comforts. I've used it on over 1000 mile trips with no fatigue. We don't have to worry about rust in Arizona, just sun rot and fade if not garaged.