Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
04-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
wildman: Well, I'm pretty impressed. I think you could teach a class on something like that. How long would the work in post take to get those results?

I personally don't like to use the flash either. I think the flash on my camera is used once a year or so and I don't have any others.

04-09-2017, 07:52 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
How long would the work in post take to get those results?
On that one maybe 20 mins.

It's the apparently "simple" ones like the last one that take the time.
Visually simple so there is nothing to distract attention from the imperfections - everything has to be spot on or the image fails. The simplicity of BW makes it only more difficult - tonal gradient needs to be nearly perfect or it looks crude and unrealistic. There's a reason Edward Weston and Ansel Adams used huge view cameras - mainly for the superb tonal gradient they could get out of a 8x10 monochrome contact print.

Anyway I shoot flash from time to time but only with my little Panasonic ZS50. I just set it to full Auto and fire away and let the camera decide if it needs flash or not. In other words snapshots. Sometimes just getting the image is the most important part.

Last edited by wildman; 04-09-2017 at 08:24 PM.
04-11-2017, 06:43 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
the flash didn't fire.
On even a small jpg screen dump file a little PP can go a long way.
I didn't spent a lot of time on it but you get the idea....

Last edited by wildman; 04-14-2017 at 02:28 AM.
05-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Another First & Another Brand New One Coming from the Gabbage Patch today

Grand Babies Every Where! Using a touch of flash @3200 ISO through a 16-45mm to bring out that super softness of a babies skin. Flash was bounced and had dispersing panel out but I still get a bit of shadow because it was mounted on camera. The Blue Jays Cake was destroyed!

Last edited by honey bo bo; 12-20-2017 at 04:24 PM.