Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Another Pentax Gallery Question

Tell the truth now. When you have images under review for the gallery, how many times a day do you check to see what the status is?

I'll be honest and say that I check at least 10 times a day.

CW

08-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
Forum Member

Well...

Hadn't thought of doing it yet today.....til i read this. So I went over and checked. Still have two waiting for approval...sigh.
--JZ
08-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Terri Quote
Do you think it will fade over time or do you figure I will always look?
-Terri :-)))
Terri, maybe if we actually get one in we won't look as often. But as I said elsewhere, I honestly don't ever expect to get one in. I'm just not that good. Although I've had one in there about 8 days now "Ready for Review." My last one, was declined within 2 days.

CW
08-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

at least two or three times from work and then another couple times from home

one morereason i wish there was some better status indicator...

08-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #5

I never checked on mine too often, they all were rejected within 24 hours it seems. That's one of the reasons I quit trying. But I checked them every few hours, mainly to see how quick they would be out.
08-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Still waiting on mine - a few days now...
Probably only checked every couple of days.
Best of luck on yours!
08-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Once ever 2-3 days, honestly. That is.. when I have pictures submitted. Which I don't right now.

08-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Couple of times a day.... And I'll say this again, the longer it is under review the better chance you seem to have (IMHO). The ones that get lots of NOs from the users are rejected quickly. If its not been rejected for more than a week or so, the shot is most likely in the hands of the official judges. I've never had one rejected that spent more than 10 days or so under review.

No guarantees of course but that seems to be the pattern. Has anyone else noticed this?
08-13-2008, 06:53 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Couple of times a day.... And I'll say this again, the longer it is under review the better chance you seem to have (IMHO). The ones that get lots of NOs from the users are rejected quickly. If its not been rejected for more than a week or so, the shot is most likely in the hands of the official judges. I've never had one rejected that spent more than 10 days or so under review.

No guarantees of course but that seems to be the pattern. Has anyone else noticed this?

3 weeks of waiting and all of them got rejected. HA!
08-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
3 weeks of waiting and all of them got rejected. HA!
OUCH! but I bet it was close (unfortunately no way to tell though)! What were the images? Care to show us?
08-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
OUCH! but I bet it was close (unfortunately no way to tell though)! What were the images? Care to show us?

If I can find them in the jungle of my second hard disk, I just might. Some of them have been here as well. And I also remember some I was really pleased about. Guess I have to raise my standards a lot.
08-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #12
mel
Veteran Member

My first submission was accepted in about a week. My 2nd-4th ones were rejected in a couple days. I now have a handful that have been in review status for about a week and a half but it feels like 9 years. I also have a few others that have been in for various shorter times. I did try to submit things that covered a wide variety of subjects, as well as things that I haven't posted here on the forum (not all fall under that category but a fair number). I think it's great to have friends helping you along but for me, I'd rather my images be accepted or rejected on their own merits. That helps me to learn and become a better shooter.
08-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
Tell the truth now. When you have images under review for the gallery, how many times a day do you check to see what the status is?
More than I want to admit

It's been almost 2 weeks now and I have 11 pictures still waiting. I submitted these pictures on sunday just after the last batch of pictures were accepted in the PPG (thurday 31st July).
Usually the bad ones got rejected quite fast (2-3 days or even less). Or I'm becoming better at this game or the PPG has just slowed down a lot. For now I don't submit new pictures, I'm waiting for the next batch of approvals/rejections and more importantly I'm voting. I think not enough people vote and there are too many pictures submitted. I think we should all have a slot of 5-10 pictures to submit maximum. That would ease the voting process. Sometimes it seems some people just dump their card with multiples takes of the same subject and hope that the quantity will help them to overcome the quality.
08-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well Darn!!!! Just Darn.

After a week and a half I was beginning to think maybe the PPG was going to make a huge mistake and accept my "Modern Problems" covered bridge shot. But saner minds apparently took over and it was declined earlier today. Needless to say after 11 days in there, I was a bit disappointed. I will now subject everyone here to it (if you want to look) by putting it in the Gallery.

Constructive criticism is of course welcome.

CW
08-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #15
Veteran Member

11 days is not that long to wait at all. My record was 2 months waiting for the images to be declined.