Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
IQ what?

I hope this hasn't been answered a zillion times before, but I have a simple question. I hope it's in the right place.

drum roll......

What is this "camera IQ" that so many people refer to? Every camera here seems to have it.. it seems quite fashionable even. Maybe it's really subtle, like having Piaget gracing the face of your watch...

I know my K10 thinks it's smarter than me sometimes, but it's easily tamed. Hmmm... come to think of it a lot of things think they're smarter than me, actually. I just pretend to be incompetent. It helps, you know. But I really would like an answer to the question, please, someone, 'cause I really don't know it!

Thanks

Daryl.

08-14-2008, 02:52 AM   #2

I think they refer to Image Quality
08-14-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Citro. That makes perfect sense - but not in all the contexts I've seen it used on this board and other photography related boards. Perhaps others think it means something else. .. though I think your explanation is right.
08-14-2008, 03:03 AM   #4

Maybe it's camera's abillity to play chess with owner?

But as Citro said, it usually refers to Imaqe Quality. I guess that some people also also refering to camera's ability of processing image and changing parameters by user, and not only about image as final product.

08-14-2008, 03:41 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Daryl Quote
I hope this hasn't been answered a zillion times before, but I have a simple question. I hope it's in the right place.
Just a friendly reminder of the contents of the large notice box found at the top of the forum you posted in: "Please remember that questions are not to be posted in the Knowledgebase. Please only post articles or useful resources pertinent to Pentax."

Thread moved

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-14-2008, 04:46 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Just a friendly reminder of the contents of the large notice box found at the top of the forum you posted in: "Please remember that questions are not to be posted in the Knowledgebase. Please only post articles or useful resources pertinent to Pentax."

Thread moved
Why didn't you answer IQ for us while you were here?
08-14-2008, 06:08 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Daryl Quote

drum roll......

What is this "camera IQ" that so many people refer to? Every camera here seems to have it.. it seems quite fashionable even. Maybe it's really subtle, like having Piaget gracing the face of your watch...

I know my K10 thinks it's smarter than me sometimes, but it's easily tamed. Hmmm... come to think of it a lot of things think they're smarter than me, actually. I just pretend to be incompetent. It helps, you know. But I really would like an answer to the question, please, someone, 'cause I really don't know it!

Thanks

Daryl.
Image quality, specifically sharpness. It's a pretty useless term, really.