Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Vivitar 135mm f2.8 Close Focusing

So I know there are reviews of this lens (with some better photos than these to go with).

And I know there are threads here dedicated to bugs and flowers (and I have photos of those, too...)

But I have a few photos of trees...
And there were no threads with this lens in it in the search I did a few minutes ago...
And it's really a neat lens, even if it only goes to half life-size.

I've had my copy for more than two decades but only recently managed to figure it out.
Color rendition is a bit cool, and the lack of an A setting and its accompanying automation is annoying.
The ridiculous amount of focus movement it has is also a surprise (it has two focusing scales as it goes all the way around...
It's far harder to make happy than my FA50 macro but does some different things really well...

Maple tree:

A palm tree (really more of a palm bush at this point):

It captures a ton more detail than I can show here...

-Eric

07-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The old Vivitar lenses don't get enough love! I had several of them back in the days when I shot nothing but film. I may have one or two lying around still.

Nice shots.
07-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I still use mine (when I think about taking out of the closet) and I find it is a great lens, for its age!