Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
BAD Idea

My wife does scrapbooking and papercrafting stuff. If you know about this, it is about as big a black hole for money as photography. The good side is it allows me to get lots of pictures of different stuff.

Anyway, she wanted to do a scrapbook page about her pink items - she has lots of pink tools, accessories, ipod, phone, etc. This afforded me the chance to get lots of close up/macro picture experience. So, I got up, made a nice pot of coffee, started to get things together... wait a minute... Coffee?!... Put a few chairs together and draped a cloth over top... Hold on.. Macro and caffeine?... Started to play with flash diffusers, and such....Won't you find it hard to....Man, this pictures are blury - oh, well, keep trying..

Word to the wise, think first!

Pictures to follow... No that is not your monitor dying, its just the idiot behind the camera with the jitters!!!

08-19-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Get a tripod. They the caffeine just makes you faster....
08-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Get a tripod. They the caffeine just makes you faster....
I wholly agree, hand held and macro are a bad mix regardless of how many cups of coffee you drink
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Coffee and photography go hand in hand. Actually coffee and anything go hand in hand...

c[_]

08-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
Coffee and photography go hand in hand. Actually coffee and anything go hand in hand...

c[_]
AMEN! Not sure how I would be able to handle a 3 yr old and 6 yr old otherwise!
08-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I do have a tripod and it was one of those situations where, well, this will only take a few minutes. I don't want to make a mess and get all the stuff out. Truth be told, it took about 3 1/2 hours and I shot my last three shots about 5 minutes prior to leaving for work (I work on 2nd shift).
08-20-2008, 05:48 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
These are nothing outstanding, but I thought I'd post the theme.

Attached Images

08-20-2008, 06:13 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I wholly agree, hand held and macro are a bad mix regardless of how many cups of coffee you drink
Each and every one handheld.

But I will confess that this weekend I have to do some macro photography for my daughter's summer homework project and I will be doing them all using a tripod.
08-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Obviously you're not drinking enough caffeine, Mike. It will catch up with you eventually.