Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2018, 06:07 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting that the new K-1 Mark II has dynamic pixel shift technology using the shake reduction system to cancel out small movements in handheld images. I will be fun to see how well it works. I doubt that it will help much in situations where the subject is moving and the camera is still.

02-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Interesting that the new K-1 Mark II has dynamic pixel shift technology using the shake reduction system to cancel out small movements in handheld images. I will be fun to see how well it works. I doubt that it will help much in situations where the subject is moving and the camera is still.
Yeh I'm not entirely convinced of the usefulness of this feature. For me Pixel Shift means landscape, and landscape can (more often than not) mean tripod (because I want to slow the exposure down for clouds or running water etc). As you said it's gonna prolly be hard to get a PSR shot of a person in portrait style (unless perhaps very bright conditions and the shot can be done with extremely quickly), but then with portraits I sometimes stray away from sharpness and details.

I suppose it would be handy for still objects like food etc.

I'd like to see these Dynamic PSR shots taken to RT and inspected for movement.
02-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #33
Veteran Member

I've used it a bit now on tripod.

Very useful for photographing art, products, copy work, and the like.

Street photography not so much.