Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Photo Credential or Press Credential - which to keep?

I'm going to be shooting high school sports for the local paper this year, as well as a co-worker who is also a Pentaxian. When I stopped at the publisher last night to pick up the sports schedule, he gave me one "Press Credential" and one "Photo Credential", one of which I need to pass on to my co-worker.

Which pass should I keep? Which is more "valuable" to have?

I will not be required to perform any reporting activities, other than photography. Also should state that in past years, I never needed to show my "Credential" to anyone...even once. I've learned that when you go walking into a venue with a monopod, an over-the-shoulder camera/lens bag and an extra lens bag...and walk like you have a purpose and like you know where you are going...nobody questions you.

08-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would say the photo credential badge makes a bit more sense if you are trying to argue your way into unusual places in venues to get a better angle or something like that, but I can't see it making a big difference. In the 3 years I shot sports and special events at my highschool I only had one or two people question me at pay-to-enter events like dances and as in your case I've never had somebody ask for credentials at a sporting event.
08-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Why not ask the people who gave them to you?
08-21-2008, 05:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, since you are taking "photos" I'd say use the "Photo Credential"... but keep the other one in your back pocket.

08-21-2008, 05:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Keep the Photo - in case of "no photos allowed" - in which case you're a shoe-in.