Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #16

I found Sam Haskins, Robert Glenn Ketchum, Sebastião Salgado... never heard of them before, to be honest...

08-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #17
Damn Brit

....WendyB?
08-26-2008, 01:26 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
....WendyB?

Can we quit using swear words?
08-26-2008, 07:00 AM   #19
Forum Member

Spencer Tunick...

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Can't remember his name (and can't risk looking him up here at work at the risk of bringing up verboten nekkid photos) but the guy who shoots those massive "nude in public" scenes shoots with a Pentax 67... Anyone remember his name? OK, so in that case maybe he isn't "famous" but he is "acclaimed"...

Yes, that would be Spencer Tunick. Duesseldorf, Germany, August 2006...

Glad you don't know me and can't recognize me on two of the pics!

Cheers,
Michael

PS: Don't laugh!!! Remember George from Seinfeld? It WAS could that day!!! ;-)

Attached Images

08-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #20
Banned

Sam Haskins is an excellent fashion and art photographer. he was a big spokesman for pentax back in the day and shot several 'Pentax calendars' with the 6x7. (god I want one of those so bad) I have a copy of 'Haskins Posters'. good stuff.
08-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #21
Veteran Member

There are some great photographers who have already been mentioned, but I'll add Richard Murrian to the list since he uses (or at least used) Pentax medium format film bodies.

... and me, of course. I'm famous ... to a few of my clients at least.
08-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote
Present, past or both?
How about future (hopefully)?

08-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Me! Yes Squarerigger. Why, just this last weekend, I was asked to take photographs of the Ordination Service for our new Priest. The first such service in our small church in 270 years - they are usually held in the larger more opulent churches. The Bishop and hundreds of folks were there. My photos are being published in the newspapers, bulletins, church papers, and yes even a photobook I ordered to present to the Priest. Not to mention they go on disk to the William& Mary College Library Archieves forever.

Now, I did this for free but I have been hounded by phone, emal, and in person for copies of the CD. Oh, the stresses of fame.

Famous? Hell yes!!! Do I use a PENTAX? Hell yes!!! I did the entire event with a Pentax K200D, Tamron 28-75mm lens, and a Pentax 360 flash.

Eat your heart out Ben.
08-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by squarerigger Quote
Me! Yes Squarerigger. Why, just this last weekend, I was asked to take photographs of the Ordination Service for our new Priest. The first such service in our small church in 270 years - they are usually held in the larger more opulent churches. The Bishop and hundreds of folks were there. My photos are being published in the newspapers, bulletins, church papers, and yes even a photobook I ordered to present to the Priest. Not to mention they go on disk to the William& Mary College Library Archieves forever.

Now, I did this for free but I have been hounded by phone, emal, and in person for copies of the CD. Oh, the stresses of fame.

Famous? Hell yes!!! Do I use a PENTAX? Hell yes!!! I did the entire event with a Pentax K200D, Tamron 28-75mm lens, and a Pentax 360 flash.

Eat your heart out Ben.
I just did!!!!
08-26-2008, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #25

Jason! (don't know his last name) He is serious hard core with tons of nature photography accolades.

(Love this pic!)
Attached Images

08-26-2008, 02:39 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JETninja Quote
Jason! (don't know his last name) He is serious hard core with tons of nature photography accolades.

(Love this pic!)
Hi JetNinja,

It's Jason Edwards - I posted more info on him about a week ago - see more info here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/34616-well-sky-not-fal...tml#post320754

Summary of that post:

For future reference: this National Geographic photographer shoots with Pentax...

Here's a National Geographic photographer - Jason Edwards. I had a bit of trouble digging up the website, since I couldn't initially remember his last name... Jason is directly represented by National Geographic. Any commercial assignments and stock sales inquiries are referred by his website to contact National Geographic HQ in Washington, DC.

I think his images speak for themselves....

Bio: TEMPO rhythms of life - Photography by Jason Edwards

Quote:

Jason Edwards is an award-winning photographer with the National Geographic Society and is represented by the National Geographic Image Collection.

Jason has photographed in more than two-dozen countries and is highly regarded for his wildlife and remote landscape photography. Widely published, his work has appeared in National Geographic Magazine, Australian Geographic, BBC Wildlife Magazine, Aqua Geographia, and Nature Australia. He has also authored and photographed two children’s books.

With a reputation for self-reliance and an ability to adapt Jason’s assignments have taken him to some of the most remote and inhospitable areas on the planet. It is his love of less developed regions,and his ability to depict even well known subjects in a unique manner that has separated his images from the mainstream.

In 2004 Jason was awarded the inaugural 'Pursuit of Excellence' Award by the Australian Geographic Society, "for his extreme efforts and absolute commitment to obtaining rare and amazing photographs.”

Partial List of Clients:

National Geographic
Getty
Qantas
Australian Geographic
Amex
BBC Wildlife Magazine
IMG
National Geographic Television
Forbes Magazine
The Financial Review
Readers Digest
Kodak Australia
Elle
Nature Australia Magazine
National Geographic Kids
Lonely Planet
Emery Vincent Design
Roman Catholic Archdiocese
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo USA
Gourmet Traveller
Gekko
Airbag Productions
Carlon Leong Advertising
The Sydney Morning Herald
South Australian Tourism Commission
The Age
Royal Brunei Airlines
The Bulletin
Thomson Publishers International

Portfolio: Bio-Images

Jason's Profile: Bio-Images

I linked to this image from the page above... Nice FA * 250-600/5.6....

By the sounds of things, he seems to be doing well, but again it was not easy finding the information. Not sure if he is still shooting SLR's or has transitioned to digitial though...

Cheers,
Marc
08-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Marc,
I know, I know--You're lusting after his lens (250-500-edif) I am too!
08-26-2008, 06:49 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kent vinyard Quote
Marc,
I know, I know--You're lusting after his lens (250-500-edif) I am too!
Lusting? Absolutely not... I am telling you Kent, if a slightly faster FPS/AF model is released, it's game over for wildlife once I get the lens!

If the seller will still sell it, of course.... and I'm first in line...

Cheers,
Marc
08-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Jason Edwards was last seen in Australia

On this assignment:

World Nomads: Travel Scholarships - Travel Photography Scholarship 2008 - CLOSED

and this lucky Canadian got to join him:

World Nomads: Travel Scholarships - 2008 World Nomads Travel Photography Scholarship - the Winner!

Flickr: Nelson Mouëllic's stuff tagged with scholarship2008

I think he might be sponsored by Olympus now as they provided the camera prize?

I found something he still uses primarily his Pentax film bodies/lenses and hasselblad xpan for panoramics but will use anything to get the image.

Last edited by Clicker; 08-26-2008 at 07:40 PM.
08-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Yeah Marc,
I guess then I'll have to add your name to the famous photographers that we know list.
Really, I think if Pentax would remake this lens it would sell better than it did before because
of the number of new photo enthusiasts out here now. Lots and lots of people with money to spend on bird photography and nature stuff.