Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
The mountains are pretty much identical widths and identically rendered in these images (except brightness). That would be a big coincidence of a crop!
I agree,
common sense tells me it's 35mm in both pictures. The background would be way different.

09-12-2017, 01:34 AM   #77
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK I concede defeat- I downloaded screenshots and rebuilt the closer one to have the same horizon length as the further one - ie like they were from the same lens and it turns out to be lightly cropped or not cropped at all. Further measuring from this suggested one shot was 1.3 x the distance away from the subject as the other so if one was at 3 metres the other was at 4 metres and for that to change the perspective to that degree surprised me.
09-12-2017, 03:18 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
so if one was at 3 metres the other was at 4 metres and for that to change the perspective to that degree surprised me.
It's not just the distance but also the lower angle taking more of the foreground in the shot. And being able to get a nice blurred foreground as if shooting through the bushes.
And ofcourse the difference in cropping.