Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
1 portrait subject, 6 photographers.

I guess this is spot for this.

Same guy (with six different fake back stories), six photographers.

6 Photographers Take 6 Different Photos of 1 Man | TipHero

Mostly hooie - no comments on how the subject's background influenced the photographer. However, I found it odd no one used the provided neckstrap.

11-15-2017, 01:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for posting this. I really like this kind of experiment. I have seen quite a few videos where different photographers take pictures of the same model in the same setting, which is already quite interesting. But this takes it to a whole different level.

Last edited by alpheios; 11-15-2017 at 02:16 AM.
11-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #3

I think the missed opportunity here was to give each photographer an isolated true fact about the man and see how their portrayal varied based on the fact given. See if they would dig deep enough to portray who he really is or just make him be about whatever the fact was.
11-15-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The model's acting was a bigger factor than the back story given to the photographers. For example, his ex-con persona acted jumpy and didn't smile much, making it more difficult for that photographer to get a friendly result. Those weren't 6 different portraits of 1 man, it was portraits of 6 different [pretend] men.

It's like blaming the cinematographer of a Wolverine movie for making Hugh Jackman look angry The acting is more important.