Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2008, 04:33 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I received essentially the same post card as the OP - basically telling me that I hadn't met the requirements for the rebate. WRONG!!

I went to the rebate web site (pentaximaging.rebatestatus.com) and checked my rebate status. Indicated that my $100 check had been mailed, but the "additional" rebate couldn't be processed. Interesting - there was NO additional rebate!!

The good news - I received the $100 rebate check yesterday.

I suspect there could be a "failure to communicate" between Pentax and the rebate processing company.

08-31-2008, 07:41 PM   #17

I thought that the rebate checks were sent by the rebate processing company. They told me that my check would be mailed on 9/17 but the rebate website is still showing that there is a problem with my submission.

In any case, anybody waiting for the rebate show check www.rebatestatus.com - Search to see what is going on and if it doesn't look good, get on the phone right away to resolve the problem
08-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just went to the rebate site and it said....Your rebate check was mailed on 21-Aug-2008. Please allow at least 15 days for delivery.
09-01-2008, 04:22 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wouldn't it be nice if the OP participated in his own thread? He logged back in after there had been eight replies, yet gave no indication of having read or benefitted from any of them.

09-01-2008, 06:32 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Wouldn't it be nice if the OP participated in his own thread? He logged back in after there had been eight replies, yet gave no indication of having read or benefited from any of them.
Exactly - That pisses me off too.

Man-up and tell us the outcome.
09-01-2008, 06:34 AM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
Sorry for not reposting as of yet. Thanks for the 1-800 #'s. I'll have to start calling tomorow after the holiday. I still do have the box that the body came in. The rebate form said nothing about which UPC to submit.
09-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by whitedogone Quote
Sorry for not reposting as of yet. Thanks for the 1-800 #'s. I'll have to start calling tomorow after the holiday. I still do have the box that the body came in. The rebate form said nothing about which UPC to submit.
Actually, Whitedogone, the rebate form is VERY specific as to which UPC to submit - "...cut out the original UPC code from the camera BODY box located insie the kit package." The word "BODY" is even capitalized on the rebate form.

09-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I sent the UPC from the big kit box (camera and lens) plus the UPC from the camera box itself. Maybe sending both of them was the screw up in me not getting the $50. Who knows?
09-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #24
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Actually, Whitedogone, the rebate form is VERY specific as to which UPC to submit - "...cut out the original UPC code from the camera BODY box located insie the kit package." The word "BODY" is even capitalized on the rebate form.

Where did you see that text?

http://www.pentaxslr.com/pdf/gearup-with-pentax-rebate.pdf

I friend of mine sent the exact same items as I did a few weeks before me. His check went through no problem.
09-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #25
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by whitedogone Quote
...ah, right there!

Last edited by J.Scott; 03-30-2009 at 03:27 AM.
09-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Knowing that people who don't read owner's manuals also likely don't read rebate instructions, and furthermore being loathe to p*ss off customers and therefore willing to take an extra step to cut down on problems, over here Pentax goes so far as to draw customers a picture:

in addition to very clearly stating in text what they want.

I'll betcha a thousand yen people still manage to ass it up.
09-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I am with you Simon ( Mechanik1), we in Aus are nothing but victims of hip pocket burgurlars. We are being ripped off in Australia, Big time

Rebates???? What are they???
09-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Rebates???? What are they???
Only rebate I know of downunder is when you put another worm back on the hook
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #29

Just got my K200D postcard today: "One or more products was invalid or the required product was not purchased."

I sent it in with all the i's dotted and every "t"crossed. It was perfect. Exactly as I sent in the one for my K10D, which went right through. They don't even have it together enough to have a halfway meaningful explanation. Could they offer up any less info?

Arrgggh.
09-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #30

My saga continues. After being verbally assured that my resubmission was validated and that a check will be issued on 9/17, I just received a post card saying that my submission didn't qualify. I immediately called the rebate center and was told that the post card was computer generated based on a previous review error. I was again assured that the check will be mailed on 9/17. If I ever see a rebate check, I will post the happy news. I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone having rebate problems should call the rebate center right away. They seem to try to rectify erroneous denials. I will keep calling until I get a check or the phone line is disconnected.