Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Forum Member

I'm pissed right about now

I just got a card in the mail saying my rebate on my recent K200D purchase from Amazon is not being honored. It says that:

"1. You did not submit a UPC or the UPC submitted was not valid"

Well, I did send the UPC from the kit box.

"2. One or more of the products submitted was invalid or the required product was not purchased."

Well, I did purchase the K200d. And I have no idea why it would not be valid. I sent in everything that was asked for on the rebate form. So just how do I go about getting the rebate that is due to me?

08-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by whitedogone Quote
I just got a card in the mail saying my rebate on my recent K200D purchase from Amazon is not being honored. It says that:

"2. One or more of the products submitted was invalid or the required product was not purchased."

Well, I did purchase the K200d. And I have no idea why it would not be valid. I sent in everything that was asked for on the rebate form. So just how do I go about getting the rebate that is due to me?
did you copy the submitted material ? call them and resubmit...
08-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Not quite sure what you should do but I feel your pain. I understand the marketing rationale and the statistics behind the use of rebates to move product. They do work. But personally though, I will run from rebates for the very reason you are pointing out. It takes forever and it can be a beaurocratic nightmare. I just refuse to have to work for the priveledge of buying someone's product cheaper. Just give me a lower price up front please and make it easier for me to part with my money.
08-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
no phone # anywhere. I only copied the receit.

08-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
Igilligan

Do you still have the upc from the smaller camera box?

I know with the old K100d rebate from last year about this time... they specifically wanted the UPC off of the camera box inside the Kit Box... they were rejecting the upc off of the bigger outer kit box.

Not sure what they asked for on this one, but if you still have the UPC on the camera box and a copy of the reciept I would resubmit it. And copy everything!!!! All rebate companies are famous for "losing" some aspect of the paperwork... and if you got copies you got a much stronger argument.

You could contact Pentaximaging USA and tell them of the rejection...
08-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I have the Japanese version of the rebate claim form.

It calls for a copy of the warranty and the actual receipt. Perhaps that was your problem?
08-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You needed to send the UPC Code off of the smaller box the K200D body came in. The rebate was for the body only. Hopefully you still have that box. I learned along time ago to pay close attention to the fine print on the requirements. I sent mine around the end of July. The check was mailed to me yesterday according to the rebate website. rebatestatus.com - Search

08-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

What a bummer. I hope you get it straightened out. In the future always make a copy of ALL documentation you send in for a rebate.
08-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

You guys are lucky to get rebates at all ... we just get shafted with exorbitant high prices ... and stupidly slow delivery times.
08-30-2008, 11:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
You guys are lucky to get rebates at all ... we just get shafted with exorbitant high prices ... and stupidly slow delivery times.
Not lucky if you don't get it and you are expecting it.
08-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Welcome to the club! Same thing happened to me and I called the 1-800 number, got a new "submission number". Got another rejection card about 4 weeks later. Called again and they said "what new submission number". Needless to say, I still don't have my $50 rebate. Oh well, it has only been a year. Maybe they will still send it to me.
08-31-2008, 12:11 PM   #12

The telephone number for the Pentax rebate center is 800-554-9838.

I have called them several times about my rebate which I had to resubmit by fax because they said they had no record of my submission. The call center is in Niagra Falls, Canada and the processing center is in Phoenix, AZ. They are very courteous and willing to help to rectify the situation. I think my submission has been straighteded out but no check yet. .

Here are some more rebate customer service numbers:

888-314-9903
888--893-3769
480-606-4313 (FAX)

The above numbers were obtained from e-mails received from the rebate center. I believe that all of the above number ring into the Canada call center. If necessary, they will rarely transfer you to the Phoenix processing center for additional help.

Last edited by JohnV3; 08-31-2008 at 12:53 PM.
08-31-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
Inactive Account

This is exactly why the have rebates instead of simply knocking the rebated amount off the price.

They won't lose the the money on every camera purchased - because the rebate application may get lost in the mail, or some people just won't bother with sending it in.

So instead of losing several hundred on every sale, they might only lose it on every tenth one.
08-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well they lost my rebate from the K100d I bought last year and they said If I didn't make a photocopy of the UPC than I was SOL.
I sent the one in for the K20d when I got it month's ago and have heard nothing. It ususlly only takes 10 weeks at the most to get a rebate, I have sent in lots of rebates and Pentax is the only one that has ever screwed me.
08-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #15

When it comes to the rebates, there's a 3rd-party that handles fulfillment. It is in their best interest to *lose* the claims that are submitted--because they get to keep the money that belongs to the consumer.

There was a big brouhaha on another forum last year. Some of the folks who hadn't received their rebate checks and had copies of everything were not happy. They contacted the manufacturer (begins with a "C") and demanded to know why their rebates were not being honored. I'd say 80% received a favorable resolution after having the manufacturer get involved.