Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #16
Inactive Account

I thought it was all in the index finger (when it presses the shutter release) ?

QuoteOriginally posted by pentkon52 Quote

Its all in the wrist.

Dave

09-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Far out, some of the English in this thread is shocking, didn't you people go to school? Yeah, it's the internet, but far out some of us actually make an effort to allow others to easily read our posts...
09-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SupremeMoFo Quote
Far out, some of the English in this thread is shocking, didn't you people go to school? Yeah, it's the internet, but far out some of us actually make an effort to allow others to easily read our posts...
Hey! You knocking us mate? I wuz schuled. They learned me REAL well!

I agree with your post though. I'm guilty of it too sometimes. Breakdowns in communcation can be seen at the root of most problems in the world. If we can't communicate accurately with each other, we can't understand each other...just like bad photo composition.
09-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #19
Inactive Account

i 2 agree that their is two much problemz with deh gramr theze dayz. NE1 else agree?

(geez, it took me longer to type the above line than type a proper sentence)

I'm glad I paid attention in school growing up

09-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Haha, exactly, takes longer to figure out how to abbreviate in the first place and takes the responder longer to read. Yeah, that works

Let's just take a minute to fix the OP. I won't even bother with the grammar much.

QuoteOriginally posted by nathancombs Quote
ok, first i am NOT knocking Canon

i just started a job where i am doing some retouching for a studio that is doing ____ senior portraits ect.... and they use the top of the line Canons (they just ordered the brand new one yesterday. (you mean 50D?)) and i think that $5-8,000 is WAY over priced.
now what i am seeing is banding, the shadows seem chunky (uh... poorly compressed?) the noise at high ISO is not pleasing and looks ugly the color just does not seem right. the worst part is that the eyes are blotchy.

i shoot with the K10D and K100D and both seem BETTER in all aspects and i paid about 1500 for both.

now i COULD be wrong and this is just how i see things

Last edited by SupremeMoFo; 09-05-2008 at 08:59 AM.
09-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #21
Inactive Account

If you have to type "NE1" because typing "anyone" takes too long, you need to put the camera down and take some typing lessons
09-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I type for a living. In fact if I have to write something out by hand I get a little irked at how long it takes me. *sigh* The forum even has a spell checker function, but of course that doesn't fix grammar. But that's off the topic.

On topic, I totally agree, one can get great photos without spending a total fortune. But hey, if they've got the money to blow, why not?

09-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Since I've been writing code (and other software engineering documentation/design/etc...) for a living for almost ten years now, my handwriting skills have gone in the cr*pper. If I have to write out anything more than a grocery list, my hand starts hurting and I end up with a bunch of chicken scratch....
09-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #24
Forum Member

Wow

Not to insult anyone, but the amount of misspelled words in this thread is bewildering. A little spell check can go a long way.

Oops... didn't see the second page of this thread. Apparently many others have already addressed the issue.

P.S. - SupremeMoFo, you missed "ect" in the OP. Should be "etc". One of my many pet-peeves.
09-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sasquatch Quote
P.S. - SupremeMoFo, you missed "ect" in the OP. Should be "etc". One of my many pet-peeves.
Good point. I posted that at 1:30am my time though, so it was a fair effort
09-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #26
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guys I'm only jumping in (I really hate how these threads develop) because Nathan has repeatedly explained that he has a language disability. It's difficult for him to type anything and he tried his best to be understood. Plus even if he didn't, many of you have no idea if English is his native language.

Lighten up.
09-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Frank Fletcher Quote

Lifetime Member of the NRA
What is that supposed to mean? I actually hope you are.
09-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Guys I'm only jumping in (I really hate how these threads develop) because Nathan has repeatedly explained that he has a language disability. It's difficult for him to type anything and he tried his best to be understood. Plus even if he didn't, many of you have no idea if English is his native language.

Lighten up.
People that have been reading these forums for at least 1 year know the spelling "issue" with Nathan. I enjoy reading his stuff as it brings a smile to my face.
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #29
Veteran Member

ive always wanted a penguin as a pet, i wonder if he can survive in a household climate...