Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2019, 06:09 AM   #181
Pentaxian

I've got a couple things ahead of me I'm looking forwards to. I know this thread isn't about the gear but I have a broken DA* 50-135 I acquired a few months ago that I'm going to attempt to fix very soon. Main issue with it is a snapped ribbon cable for the autofocus, I've evaluated it and I think it should be no problem to solder this up. The weather resistance needs to be fixed however and I have no idea how I'd go about that. Might just send that one in because I don't really trust myself, any suggestions?

Next thing I've got going for me is a trip to Washington state in a few months. Going to be near Seattle for most of it but I do plan on making a trip to Mt. St. Helens, potentially very early to attempt to get some great landscape shots. I also want to try some street photography while I'm in the Seattle area, something I've never really had the chance to do because since I've gotten into photography I haven't really been near a major city.

While I plan to bring my KP of course I'm also going to bring my Spotmatic and some E100 my brother got me for my birthday for the pictures of the mountains.

06-10-2019, 06:47 AM   #182
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I've got a couple things ahead of me I'm looking forwards to. I know this thread isn't about the gear but I have a broken DA* 50-135 I acquired a few months ago that I'm going to attempt to fix very soon. Main issue with it is a snapped ribbon cable for the autofocus, I've evaluated it and I think it should be no problem to solder this up. The weather resistance needs to be fixed however and I have no idea how I'd go about that. Might just send that one in because I don't really trust myself, any suggestions?

Next thing I've got going for me is a trip to Washington state in a few months. Going to be near Seattle for most of it but I do plan on making a trip to Mt. St. Helens, potentially very early to attempt to get some great landscape shots. I also want to try some street photography while I'm in the Seattle area, something I've never really had the chance to do because since I've gotten into photography I haven't really been near a major city.

While I plan to bring my KP of course I'm also going to bring my Spotmatic and some E100 my brother got me for my birthday for the pictures of the mountains.
I haven't been out west in 15 years. My uncle used to live in Seattle, my mom lived in Victoria B.C both are gone now. Having them live out there gave me an excuse to go out there every couple of years (and places to stay).... I miss it.