Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Toronto Area Meet?

I've noticed a lot of Toronto and SW Ontario users onboard (Gee, how many of us are there anyway?), and some of us are itching to get a meet going.

For all those who would like this to happen, I'm just getting this on the table in order to get some ideas.

Where would you all like to meet?
What activities would you like to do? (maybe a mini challenge, scavenger photo hunt, or something else non-photo related?)
Should this be a family event?
Other ideas?

I was hoping that this would land on a Sunday perhaps in April with a rain date for the first Sunday of May. Yes, this is very early to ask, I know.

Thanks in advance for all comments and feedback.

02-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Geez and I thought the city was overrun by Rebellious and Nikonian shooters. haha.

Its crazy at big events, I see people with rented Rebels (+kit) can you imagine that! So the like two/three pentax shooters I've seen/know all take full advantage of ol' school lenses. I saw this guy with an *Ist D and a Makinon 24-50. Awesome stuff.
02-24-2007, 04:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Fotopete - lol yeah it's pretty funny to watch some big events. You do see the odd Pentax shooter, and a perhaps (just as rare) Fuji or Oly shooter depending on what type of event it is. It would be nice to get a Pentax event going.

Hmmm. I think I made a mistake of posting on a Friday night, when most people will be likely to go out. This and the fact that the autoshow is going (who's got photos? Or am I too early to ask that too? - LOL)

Should've posted this on a Sunday morning to see who bites.
02-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi alvin

great of you to offer this!
I can't do weekends as I work but if you would ever like to get together one time during the week (in warmer weather of course) , I would try my best to make it.

cheers

randy

02-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Fotopete - lol yeah it's pretty funny to watch some big events. You do see the odd Pentax shooter, and a perhaps (just as rare) Fuji or Oly shooter depending on what type of event it is. It would be nice to get a Pentax event going.

Hmmm. I think I made a mistake of posting on a Friday night, when most people will be likely to go out. This and the fact that the autoshow is going (who's got photos? Or am I too early to ask that too? - LOL)

Should've posted this on a Sunday morning to see who bites.
Yea the Autoshow.. I went last year and was going to go again this year just to help rack up some photographic interest but no one showed up. :ugh:

Its typical UofT. No one gives a rats ass about campus life. People liked the idea of being creative and bridging even that tech gap in operating digital P&s. Even when I offered to help them and put together a meet up, not one showed so do people really care? Like it makes no difference on my end if everyone at school webcams their P&S or Point 'n Shoots their dSLRs but then again, what does that make me? The a-hole volunteer photographer of the student union? ugh.

the thing is with the Autoshow is that its an interesting event. Everyones gonna have the same photos unless you use the environment to your advantage and be very creative. Yea least year I went, it was like all Rebels with kits...literally. I saw some press photographer with a Fuji S3. and I remember the Ford guy who was taking peoples portraits in front of a mock GT was using a tripoded G6. The dude had it focused on the Ford logo on the nose of the car and not beside the drivers seat where people were told to stand. >=[

Oh speaking of Oly, my friend recently got one. A gear addict/techie like me. We had alot of great discussions about adapting old lenses and stuff because of the short flange distance of the 4/3rds mount. Great for using stuff like OM, M42, K, even Nikon F Mounts. But somehow DPR got to him rather easily..now he's got a couple ZD stuff, lowepro trekker and a bigma on the way. sigh..

Last edited by FotoPete; 02-24-2007 at 01:30 PM.