Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2018, 01:24 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried Sv mode? It might give you what you are looking for.

05-30-2018, 02:08 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MrB1 Quote
As these odd sets of readings have been quoted again - changing ISO 100 to ISO 800 is 3 stops so, for the same scene, one would expect the shutter speed to have increased by three stops, i.e. from 1/50s to 1/400s. Perhaps a typing error somewhere?
Odd, I never thought anything of it. The camera was sitting right next to me on a tripod, I aimed it at a certain direction in the home and took the readings, adjusted MIN ISO value, and just continued to jot down the readings. If they're off I can't really understand why that might be. I don't think the tripod budged or moved, I did of course touch the camera again to tinker and make those adjustments... there would have been a little time between shots (light conditions change perhaps)?

Either way tho, test the method of what I did and you should at least see a similar pattern emerge within the exposure variables.

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Have you tried Sv mode? It might give you what you are looking for.
Yeah I haven't fully looked into that either, it may well be an option.

I have a feeling setting the Av Mode to 'Fast' should negate many of the issues I have experienced.

I think perhaps that what mode I would like (in Bruce fantasy land) is a weird Hyper P mode that shifts between Av and TAv instead!

Example; I'm in Hyper-Av mode, lets say the aperture is 3.2 and the shutter speed is giving a reading of 1/120 and the ISO 400 (I'm making this up to illustrate a point), and I decide quite quickly that I need higher shutter speed (and I'm already set to 'Fast'), I don't want to compromise my aperture but I'm happy to lose ISO, so then a rotation of the front dial will effectively take me to TAv mode so that the aperture remains the same, I can boost the shutter speed and only the ISO bumps up.

The problem as I see it, is even if I set a User Mode to Av and the following User Mode to TAv, they don't 'follow on' when toggling. You could be at f3.2 in av mode, toggle to TAv mode but now you get f7 (or whatever aperture was saved at or last left off etc). If it was fluid and the TAv mode took what the Av mode reading/settings were at, then that might make more sense and provide a more fluid adjustment experience.