Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
12-22-2019, 11:28 AM   #151

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
thank you

the number 1 thing to think about, imho, is Murphy's law and Finnigan's corollary

" anything that can go wrong, will go wrong " and " Murphy was an optimist "

plan, plan, plan,

research

1 don't have photography as your primary goal, just in case there is a problem

plan on enjoying your trip even if you cannot take photos

2 if possible have redundancy built in

If I hadn't taken the PLM, I would have ended up with a 100mm as my telephoto when my 150-450mm went down for the count

I would have, at a minimum a back up camera, just in case
I think this is good advice. I do plan on having two cameras with me. I will have the DFA 150-450 of course, and I really want to bring the DFA* 70-200 that I have as well. It's a lot to carry, but I'm a firm believer in redundancy.

As I've been thinking things over in my mind about equipment and what to do when I'm there, I don't want to go on such an expensive trip, and compromise on equipment. If there's something I'll need, I want to be sure I have it.

12-22-2019, 11:57 AM   #152
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkInKC Quote
I think this is good advice. I do plan on having two cameras with me. I will have the DFA 150-450 of course, and I really want to bring the DFA* 70-200 that I have as well. It's a lot to carry, but I'm a firm believer in redundancy.. . .
what type of trip is it ?

on our first trip, we were just carrying gear through airports, rent the luggage carts, and to and from vehicles

on our second trip, we did do boat trips and a short walking safari from the lodge to the air strip

so the weight of the gear was not a big consideration

however if you are planning on going " . . . over hill, over dale . . . ", weight might be a strong consideration

consider whether you would be carrying all your gear at once

or whether some can stay in one spot while you wander with the other gear