Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
something you don't see everyday

Near the end of my courier run, I stopped for a quick bite to eat which is quite normal at that time of the day when a large truck blew past and i happen to look up and notice this in the middle of the road. It got quite curious to see how other drivers reacted to it as it wasn't posing that much of a danger but cars were certainly hitting the brakes or just slowing down to take a second look. then you get courier van drivers who *just happen* to have the camera with them in the van

sorry for quality i still had the settings on manual and from the smooth water episode, so the only thing i adjusted was the shutterspeed.... everything else was on IS0 100 etc.

Anyone else got stuff that you just don't see everyday?

09-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Sorry no pic's to post.
However if you plan on keeping that pic you should be able to brighten that photo right up, and make it look better with a moment of post processing.
09-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a hoot.

Lyall Bay?
09-29-2008, 02:05 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
What a hoot.

Lyall Bay?

Yeah exactly ! Tirangi Rd opposite the shopping centre there. have a feeling it was either due to be picked up or had been emptied moments before i stopped at the food shop there

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Sorry no pic's to post.
However if you plan on keeping that pic you should be able to brighten that photo right up, and make it look better with a moment of post processing.
don't plan on keeping it... it was just a spur of the moment snap shot

10-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I sometimes get a chance to get out and take shots while doing courier work around Sydney ... but getting the chance to take the shot is hard ... as i am constantly working ... I don't even get a chance to stop and eat/drink some days.
10-16-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm surprised no one moved it off the road...or stopped to throw there rubbish in it.