Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2019, 11:21 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tokina SD400 for Macro

I know but I had to try. Picked this lens up at a good price for an upcoming IR landscape project. Not having used anything over a 300mm tele since I left film and having some time in the backyard, decided to see what would happen with some Viola's.
Mounted an old 52mm Sigma 1.6 diopter on the front which brought the magnification close to 1:1 and the CFD down to around 800mm instead of 4m.
IQ isn't anywhere close to what my dedicated macro lenses produce or even the M200 with the Raynox 150 but still useable, easily on par with what I've seen from several zooms with macro feature. Tried the Tokina and Raynox combo but the DOF was way to shallow for me to work with. Minimal PP applied and no cropping.

Attached Images

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
macro, photography, raynox, tokina, tokina sd400