Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Getting Prints done? Check out IMAGEKIND

I recently had a poll in the "post a picture" section, that many generous pentaxians took part in, asking what photo I should print first to hang.
Well after looking at the threads I decided to get two done ( RAYS, FIRST TO FALL) and I'll just have a custom frame done here rather than through the printing service.
I have used Imagekind before for printing and have always had good luck, but when reading all the different threads about printing sites, and not having the pictures come out properly / with little colour, I was very eager to find out hwo these fairly big prints ( 24" by 14.6) would come back.
I sent in the order sunday night, shipped international priority and they arrived on TUESDAY at 11 am.. in Markham, ontario Canada!
So I have come to expect great shipping from imagekind, but how about the prints?
GREAT! I was a little worried about both because of the vibrant colours in RAYS and the heavy contrast in FIRST TO FALL ,but they nailed it right on.
One of the things I like best about IMAGEKIND is that when you upload your shot you do not have to resize to a crop but can print at whatever size your picture actually is.. hence the 24 by 14.6...
I will also say that I am very impressed with the paper selection they offer, up too 10 different kinds for "Gallery Prints"

All in all I am very pleased with my experience and will be surely using them again!

heres the link to the poll threads so you can see the colours they nailed..

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/38554-shot-should-printed.html

And

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/38566-sorry-lets-try-aga...-question.html

(there are two threads because the first didnt work.. than was fixed so there ended up being two)

10-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Thanks for the review. I saw that thread before, but didn't comment. Luckily you printed my 2 favorites...

It's always good to hear some positive feedback about some of these printing places, they can be very hit or miss once you expect quality beyond typical 4x6 snapshots.
10-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I should have mentioned.... But i probably wouldnt use them for 4x6 or a large batch.. not because of quality but really just price... personally I only do prints that I want to hang from them, other wise costco does a great job