Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #16
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd recommend you practice manual focusing as well, because there is nothing more frustrating than missing a shot because you can see your subject behind the leaves, grass, brush, etc, but AF won't lock. Get familiar with the The Catch-In Focus feature, too.

09-03-2019, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #17

I just saw this thread and wanted to point out another technique. I used to hunt birds a lot. Taught me not to aim where they are, aim instead where they're gonna be. Get in focus ahead of him and wait for the fella to wander into your shot. Sure beats manual focus tracking. Plus you're better able to set up context if you want other than a bear portrait.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, da, photography, pictures, technique, tripod, wildlife