Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2020, 12:06 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
"Borrowing" aperture plates from the Daguerrotype lens

Storm Ciara is passing over the Netherlands so I was homebound today. Decided to make my own version of the "Aquarelle" aperture plate supplied with the Lomography Daguerrotype lens to try on my own Pentax gear.

I first found a reasonably clean image of those plates on Google, copied them into Gimp and sized them to precisely the 67mm filterthread size of my DA*50-135mm zoom (minus 1mm to fit it inside the threads).

Double-printed it on the laserprinter after which I glued both sides together for firmness and to avoid reflections. About half an hour of fiddling about with nail scissors, I had my aperture plates, be it a bit sloppy. (also made a copy of the "Lumiere" plate).

Although I really have to wait for a sunny day and a field full of flowers to really pass judgement, I managed to squeeze a quick shot of the dog outside.

Attached Images

02-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice work, Mike The results are much more appealing than I'd have expected. A fun project for a stormy day, and a new, creative effect to enjoy
02-11-2020, 06:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the Lomo Daguerreotype and I've 3D printed additional aperture plates. I hadn't really thought of it before, but I could also 3D print plates for other lenses. An issue might be that very thin objects are the weak point for my Monoprice Select printer. The plates I've printed are sometimes hard to keep flat, they often curl a bit when they've cooled.

I'll have to try this over the coming long weekend.