Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
04-05-2020, 05:42 AM - 10 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
How to take Photos with an Impatient Jack Russell on a Lead

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

04-05-2020, 07:21 AM - 4 Likes   #2
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Probably not a good idea if you're walking an impatient Great Dane
04-05-2020, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Uuh . . . how do you distinguish an impatient J R from a patient one? Don't believe I've ever seen a patient one for comparison. An' Micky sez there ain't none in existence but he'd be happy to untie that knot for ya.
04-05-2020, 12:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote

If I were you, I would just step on the leash...

04-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #5
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You just have to go out twice..... once with the dog and then out again with the camera......simple eh !
04-05-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
If I were you, I would just step on the leash...
Yep. I do exactly that with my labrador - at least I did when he was younger and more boisterous. Now I just let go of the lead and he stops and waits for me to take the photo
04-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Yep. I do exactly that with my labrador - at least I did when he was younger and more boisterous. Now I just let go of the lead and he stops and waits for me to take the photo
Your dogs are better than mine! We are on (rescue) dog #7, and I wouldn't have trusted any one of them to stay and wait - there are always more exciting things out there (to go and chase/investigate)!!!!!

04-07-2020, 11:19 AM - 3 Likes   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Here's my old Rottie with about $5k worth of gear in his backpack.
I was changing lenses one day and forgot to take the lens I had removed from the camera off of the flat part of the backpack and put it into the bag. Ten minutes later I noticed the boy standing perfectly still with my A*85/1.4 still standing upright on his back.
It's all in the training.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 05-11-2020 at 08:05 AM.
04-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

My 10 year old lab is patient and will never leave my side. He doesn't really need a leash.

The 9 mos old lab is a work in progress, she is fine as long as there are no other people or dogs. But as soon as she sees them she pulls and wants to make friends. She is better than expected with squirrels and birds but the tennis balls need to watch out

We are getting a 3rd in a week and a 1/2. Seems like a good time for a puppy with everyone home
04-15-2020, 03:17 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I use a dog running lead (leash in the US) leaves your hands free

Barkswell Hands Free Running Dog Lead - Dog Walking Belt Reflective with Double Sided Lined Pouch - Up to 60 Kg - Great for Handsfree Running, Jogging or Walking ?: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies
04-19-2020, 09:17 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Here's my old Rottie with about $5k worth of gear in his backpack.
I was changing lenses one day and forgot to take the lens I had removed from the camera off of the flat part of the backpack and put it into the bag. Ten minutes later I noticed the boy standing perfectly still with my A*85/1.4 still standing upright on his back.
It's all in the training.
Your $ 5K worth of gear would been perfectly safe in your Rottie's backpack. Wikipedia says :

" The dog breed was subsequently named after Rottweil, a town in the region.[12] It became an important trade center and the descendants of the Roman cattle dogs proved their worth by driving the cattle to market and protecting the cattle from robbers and wild animals.[12] The dogs are said to have been used by traveling butchers at markets during the Middle Ages to guard money pouches tied around their necks. "

BTW excellent photograph of a handsome looking fellow.
04-20-2020, 08:58 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Your $ 5K worth of gear would been perfectly safe in your Rottie's backpack. Wikipedia says :

" The dog breed was subsequently named after Rottweil, a town in the region.[12] It became an important trade center and the descendants of the Roman cattle dogs proved their worth by driving the cattle to market and protecting the cattle from robbers and wild animals.[12] The dogs are said to have been used by traveling butchers at markets during the Middle Ages to guard money pouches tied around their necks. "

BTW excellent photograph of a handsome looking fellow.
We lost him late in 2016 to lymphoma. Our new girl is a bit flightier than this one, much more interested in fun than work. We've had 4 Rotties now, each have been very different dogs. Our first girl was all about duty, our first boy was all about discipline, the one in the picture above was int creating mayhem, and the one we have now is all about love and play.
They are great dogs, but can be very strong willed. Thanks for the kind comments.