Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2008, 04:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax Service Impressive (AUS)

On Monday I took my K20D into CR Kennedy (Pentax - Australia) to have a hole/crack repaired in the casing, which was the result of dropping the camera. Due to the force of the impact, I also asked for a thorough internal test and check of the camera. See this thread for cause of crack/hole https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/40240-you-tool-dazman-dropped-my-k20d.html

When I delivered the camera for repair, I found the staff to be very friendly, helpful and interested in what I had to say. I was told the usual turn around for repairs was 7 days and was quoted for the repair. As CR Kennedy are also the agent for Sigma, I decided to leave my 17-70 with them to have the zoom creep reduced. I left the service centre feeling my gear was in good hands and wondering why Pentax servicing has a bad rap.

Today (Friday), I called CR Kennedy to check on the status of the repair and was informed that my cam+lens were ready for pick up, so off I went...Yippee! They replaced the bottom casing as well as testing and cleaning the cam. No internal damage caused by the drop. The Sigma 17-70 still had zoom creep, but it has been reduced by 50%+. The overall cost of the repair/service was $20 less ($90) than the quote and only took them 4 days. I've given the cam+lens a good testing and everything works perfectly...actually the AF seems to be faster!?!?

Although, my repair was only basic I'm impressed with CR Kennedy as a service centre for Pentax. I hope that my positive experience is something that fellow Pentaxians receive when dealing with CR Kennedy...or any Pentax agent worldwide.

10-31-2008, 05:37 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
That is much better than the service we received when my wife's *istDL stopped working. They took three attempts to get it fixed, and lost the camera for a month. Overall I think it took about 4 months. Hopefully they have recruited some more competent staff since then. Perhaps being a local helps too.
10-31-2008, 05:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisN Quote
That is much better than the service we received when my wife's *istDL stopped working. They took three attempts to get it fixed, and lost the camera for a month. Overall I think it took about 4 months. Hopefully they have recruited some more competent staff since then. Perhaps being a local helps too.
Ouch! What a painful experience that must have been...can understand how they received a bad rap now. Lets hope that things have changed for the better
10-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about that experience. It is rather painful to wait until the gear is repaired.

You must be one of the few lucky ones to get the service so prompt and swift. It was actually one of the reasons that I revisit canon brand for camera bodies and oly gear for help because of poor communication from CR Kennedy.