Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bt*ist Quote
I was looking for the word "Pentax".

I didn't find it. Not once. And this made me just a little bit sad.
Cheer up. I suspect this has little to do with quality of equipment and more to do with marketing strategy. Pentax simply doesn't invest in "popular photography" marketing (or hasn't, in the past), possibly because the bulk of their market is in medically/scientifically based equipment rather than photography.

Canon, Nikon, et al are better known brands - thus have more purchasing influence - simply because they have marketing saturation.

06-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #32

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by marcdsgn Quote
Cheer up. I suspect this has little to do with quality of equipment and more to do with marketing strategy. Pentax simply doesn't invest in "popular photography" marketing (or hasn't, in the past), possibly because the bulk of their market is in medically/scientifically based equipment rather than photography.

Canon, Nikon, et al are better known brands - thus have more purchasing influence - simply because they have marketing saturation.
I am not sure if this thread is closed but taking a chance that it's still open I would like members to look at the website of Bruno Walther and his wife Bruno and Susanne Walther Wildlife- and Astro-Photography
Their wildlife and astrophotography pictures are exceptionally good and appear to be made almost exclusively with Pentax film and digital cameras. They have used mostly the SMCP-FA long lenses, and to very fine effect.
06-04-2009, 04:35 AM   #33
Veteran Member

I didn't see any Phase 1s or Mamiyas there but it doesn't make them bad cameras .

I agree with what someone said above; worry more about taking good pictures.