Show Printable Version 71 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2020, 10:47 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
(X-posted from the 6MP club)

Hello,

I don't usually do video. But I shot a quick and dirty video for some friends in another forum who asked me about photographing scale models; my other hobby. My K100D Super did a cameo appearance on my video.
I absolutely hate my accent, more than my voice. In my mind I speak like James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman
Actually English is my second language.
This is not exactly a gear oriented video but more of technique.
I hope you like it.

YouTube

Here are some samples of my work over the years:

1/24 scale

1/35 scale

1/48 scale

1/25 scale

1/25 scale

1/100 scale

1/350 scale

Thanks,
Ismael
Fascinating video and images. The models look real! Thought the first car shot was the real car and then you were going to show the matching model. Then I realized it was a model. The wall posters totally fooled me.

Had no trouble understanding you in the video. I think your accent adds to it and makes it more human. Well done.

Thanks for sharing,

barondla

12-15-2020, 09:54 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not knocking your photography skill, but the models are amazing! I really appreciate the links to the behind-the-scenes info, I've dabbled in model-making and always value the insights of a master craftsman. "More flash than a camera store" gave me quite a chuckle, too. Thanks for sharing!
03-17-2021, 12:52 AM   #33

Photos: Gallery
The 1/25 scale blue corvette has very natural lights, the brain goes crazy thinking it sees a real car.
03-19-2021, 09:05 PM   #34
Pentaxian

these are awesome. I've done a bit of model making and know the attention to detail needed to get work done at this level- cause i could never achieve it.

03-21-2021, 01:28 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Really nice work and thanks for sharing here.
The car ones look amazing and real.

I used to do 1/35 military models, but ended up dabbling more with painting 28mm fantasy wargaming figures.
04-24-2021, 10:20 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Agreed. The cars on the checkerboard floor really do look life-size. I'll have to try making the soft box.
05-04-2021, 09:38 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing with us. I bet you spent lots of time getting there.

02-01-2022, 02:46 PM - 2 Likes   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent description and demonstration!

p.s. Don't worry about your accent. You are completely understandable. If you want to be able to control your voice and pronunciation, find a music teacher (or a voice acting coach) and take a few months of lessons. You will quickly learn how to listen to yourself and modify your pronunciation on the fly. I found that learning how to sing songs in other languages than my native American English made me better at speaking English! Another trick is to use a fake British accent, and most Americans will think you're very intelligent!