Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2020, 03:09 AM   #1
Forum Member

K-1 Interval video shooting

Hi all,

Sorry for putting so many questions in the forum.

I recently started playing Interval video shooting with my K-1, yesterday I took the sunrise picture with interval video but seems i cannot change the exposure compensation during the middle of interval video. Before the sun went up from the horizon, the exposure was good so far but when the sun started to climb up, it was very bright in the picture and i tried to reduce the exposure compensation but not allowed, is there any option in the menu setting I can change ? I looked up the menu it seems impossible...

Thanks in advance

07-20-2020, 06:59 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is how it works. It will meter each shot according to the mode and settings when you start.
07-20-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
That is how it works. It will meter each shot according to the mode and settings when you start.
Thanks, next time I will try to put a ND filter when the sun start to show up.

: )
07-20-2020, 03:16 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
Thanks, next time I will try to put a ND filter when the sun start to show up.

: )
That does not work unless you are in M or X modes.

The best solution I have found for exposure ramping with interval work is to use an external intervalometer as wired remote.

Steve

07-20-2020, 11:52 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That does not work unless you are in M or X modes.

The best solution I have found for exposure ramping with interval work is to use an external intervalometer as wired remote.

Steve
Thanks all

---------- Post added 07-20-2020 at 11:53 PM ----------

it is inconvenience you cannot compensate the exposure during the interval video
07-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
it is inconvenience you cannot compensate the exposure during the interval video
I can't say for sure, but believe this is the case across brands. Exposure ramping for interval work is a general problem and the general solution is to keep automation to a minimum.

Steve
07-21-2020, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I suppose if you have a lens with the A setting and manual aperture you could adjust it.
07-21-2020, 06:04 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
I suppose if you have a lens with the A setting and manual aperture you could adjust it.
...or any other lens that has an aperture ring. Of course, that would require M or X mode.

Steve