Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2020, 12:54 PM   #31
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
Typically every 4 to 6 shots depending on how it is moving and where I re-positioned to but I did lose track a few times and have gone longer.
That's a lot of repositioning!! Anyway, next time I might do it with ~300mm, thanks for a motivation!

(Added later.)
Getting back to the topic of Interval shooting,
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Hi Aaron, on KP you can set your Standby Interval to "Minimal". This is certainly faster than 2 sec, it feels as if it's taking about a second between the end of exposure and the start of the next exposure. Maybe the same thing is available on K-50?
And Mossy, Aaron, I know you were not talking about Astrotracer, but when I use it, burst shooting is unavailable but interval shooting with Standby Interval setting is.
it seems that there are differences in interval shooting functionalities depending on the camera.
  1. Interval shooting while using Astrotracer. Seems to be available only on KP.
  2. "Standby Interval" option to specify an interval between the end of exposure and the start of the next one. This could be set to "minimum". Available on K-1, K-1II, KP and K-70.

Last edited by kwb; 08-19-2020 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Editing again, I was wrong about K-1II
08-19-2020, 02:06 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
That's a lot of repositioning!! Anyway, next time I might do it with ~300mm, thanks for a motivation!
Well at 400mm it is really moving across the frame and the more you keep it in the middle of the frame the better the overall results. At some point I will own an equatorial mount big enough to support that lens and then I just have to get in the frame and can shoot away automatically and collect even more shots and use a lower ISO resulting in better results.
08-22-2020, 11:03 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Unfortunately I was not able to get to the location - too many forest fires, atmosphere was hazy and air quality poor.