Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think most of your shots are a bit off on the white balance. The very last image posted (on the second post of examples) is probably the closest to having a natural look. The rest all look a bit warm (yellow) for my taste. Otherwise, I think the images are fantastic. The exposure is good and there is a nice clarity to the photos.

I think the biggest challenge on indoor shots is getting the white balance correct. It makes me thankful for RAW.

11-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Was flash mixed with tungsten ambient for these? That might explain the warmness - camera was flash-whitebalanced.

I suggest you go to strobist.com and read the articles on color temperature matching - you can probably get much better results by putting a CTO gel on your flash and setting your WB to tungsten. (Some of those shots have outdoor ambient which will still be a challenge though...)

As to tripods - not all tripods are created equal. Most of the Digital Concepts tripods are the same as low-end Sunpaks - in fact I think they are rebranded Sunpaks. While some of the higher end Sunpaks are decent, their lower-end ones (any that are rebranded by DC) are probably going to be quity flimsy/shaky. Even my Slik Sprint Mini ultraportable tripod is sturdier than the Sunpak 6060 I used to own, even though the Sunpak had a higher load rating and was larger.
11-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well, I gotta confess....I did not take in RAW like some of you recommended. T.T

I used my Lastolite white/grey exposure not all but some, and I think the result shows between the one I used before and the ones I did not.

When I go for it again on Tuesday, I'll go with RAW this time, and in the meantime, I'll look into PTLens software.

Thank you all again!
11-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #34

try to set WB to tungsten and avoid verticle columns(lines) at the left/right edges...I play with the last photo setting the color balance in PS.

11-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #35
Forum Member

HDR! haha, those pics don't look very sharp either..maybe it's just me..did you have the SR on with a tripod?