Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A vehicle is driven in the seated position. Take the peas with you, man!

11-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #17
smf
Pentaxian

Perhaps times have changed for the worse, but I doubt it will take six weeks.
All best,
Stu
11-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #18
ViS
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yay! I got my new toy!
11-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ViS Quote
The camera shop just rang and said they just got in my new K20D with 18-250 lens.

You think that would be good news right? Well it is, but I can't get to it

I just had the big "V" yesterday and I'm sitting at home on the couch with a bag of frozen peas in a place they really shouldn't be, but feel oh so good

My wife is out for the day and I can't drive the other car for fear of doing some damage while I heal.

Oh Fate, why must you mock me?

I should be sitting here playing with my new toy
Wow aint that another swift kick in the beenbag for yah
Man now all you need is for the wife to come home and say shes prego again... that last time did apairently count and the new K20D set will have to go back to pay for the new car seat, clothes and turning the digital darkroom back into a nursery.
LOL
I fully understand man, my K10D (originally) arrived when I was out of town, got the call saying it was at home and boy did I want to get it right than.

11-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ViS Quote
The camera shop just rang and said they just got in my new K20D with 18-250 lens.

I just had the big "V" yesterday and ...

My wife is out for the day and I can't drive the other car for fear of doing some damage while I heal.

Oh Fate, why must you mock me?

I should be sitting here playing with my new toy
That is great news and yes, you should be playing with your new toy. Don't be affraid of driving, just be carefull. No chances to get something wrong. Just probably a little discomfort.

And about your big "V" day, don't forget to "purge" the lines at least 20 to 30 times before attempting your refurbished equipment use before removing all the external safety gadgets. And even so, for peace of mind, do get a quality control check after a month or so.

Robert B
11-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I just have to say that this is possibly the funniest thread ever and I think it should be stickied. Hell, maybe it should have it's own sub forum.
You're a sadist, DB. (But I agree , it's a noble thing to do your bit for overpopulation. Congrats, ViS. I'll send you some long-distance Reiki).
11-08-2008, 05:44 AM   #22
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
You're a sadist, DB. (But I agree , it's a noble thing to do your bit for overpopulation. Congrats, ViS. I'll send you some long-distance Reiki).
Please, call me Gary, it's in my sig.
No, I'm not a sadist, I'm just a bit warped in the sense of humour department.

11-08-2008, 05:48 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Please, call me Gary, it's in my sig.
Gotcha. Cheers, Gary.
11-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #24
Veteran Member

So how's the toy behaving so far? (talking about the new one. what you do with the other one is completely your business. )
11-08-2008, 06:59 AM   #25
ViS
Inactive Account

Original Poster
New toy is great. Not being too mobile, I haven't gone past the back yard, but I'm certain I made the right choice

I put up a few pics in the photo forum.

Oh, and warped is the only type of humour worth having
11-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #26
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I used to have a deeper voice myself at one time. Snip snip and it's one octave higher As for the 6 weeks, well I think rburgoss has it right. Purge the system since there are still plenty of swimmers around capable of adding a 3rd to your sig pic. Healing only takes 3 days.

It's a shame to have your 2 favourite toys not being used to the fullest.... But the zoom will extend once more after a time.
11-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I feel your pain man! Well, maybe not quite. My jewels are still intact, but my foot is wrapped with frozen corn (I prefer corn to peas for this purpose). I had one of my toes straightened and pinned yesterday. Wouldn't you know it but my brick of Ektar 100 was in the mailbox when I got home from the day surgery center. I am really looking forward to trying out this new film, but crutches and cameras don't go together really well.

Steve
11-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote

It's a shame to have your 2 favourite toys not being used to the fullest.... But the zoom will extend once more after a time.
LOL !

I just got coffee all over my key boards !
11-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
And with the new "crop factor" he will likely get an additional 1.5x extension and additional DOF!

Steve
11-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #30
Inactive Account

My uncle had a vasectomy last year.

Said the best way to minimise pain and damage was to keep the ice on there, but walk backwards. He swore by it. So give it a shot if it's still giving you trouble.

Also, do us a favour and change the vowel in your nick.