Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Livewireshock Quote
Don't forget to educate the staff at the gallery about your work or have a printed page/flyer explaining your pictures.

This will help the gallery answer some of those curly questions. Plus if someone enjoys your style of work, it could help lead to commision jobs regardless if they do not want any of the actual pictures on display.

Experiment with how to get a 'look at me' reaction to your display. Pending on the nature of the gallery, the space and more it is not something that can be described in a one manner fits all situations. Less is more, crammed with pictures, varying sizes and formats all have their place pending on the circumstances.

Do not be afraid to swap and change the composition of the display too. That way regulars to the gallery find the work refreshed on their next visit and that it does not go stale. It causes people to re-look at the display and it can lead to an expectation and a desire to see more.
Thank you those are some excellent points. I know several artist their have little pamflets that kinda explain their style and their background so that will be something to keep in mind. I hope to have a "rotation" of pictures about every 1 or 2 months, hopefully that will keep people somewhat intrested in my display. The area I will begin with will be pretty small but if I am able to sell a couple prints I may move up to the next larger display.

11-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Instead of writing about it here, you should be at the art gallery hanging up your images.

Go for it and let us all know how you get on, before you get rich and famous and wont speak to us.
11-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Instead of writing about it here, you should be at the art gallery hanging up your images.

Go for it and let us all know how you get on, before you get rich and famous and wont speak to us.
haha thanks, but compared to most on this site I have a lot of work to do to even get on them same level. Hopefully I will have some actual results to talk about after I set up the interview to be accepted into the gallery.