Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #1

HELP: Using the warranty

Okay I feel a little stupid asking for help...

BUT i need to send my camera in to Pentax or wherever to get my SD slot fixed, it is cracked and for them to run whatever they can on it or replace whatever before my warranty expires end of this month...

I see in my box I have a serial number card, a manual, and a worldwide service thing...

I notice on the Worldwide service foldout there are several USA locations...

Which one do I send it to? Like I notice there is a center in Florida and I am in FLorida if I sent it there would it come back faster? or must I send it in to Pentax USA

Is there anyway I can get expidited service? Like I would pay to have it expidited if it was possible I need it back before end of this month...

Must I call first?

How does the process work?

I feel like an idiot for asking but after reading some stories just wanted to make sure I was informed by what I'm about to get myself into....

Any help would be appreciated...

Paul

11-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suggest contacting by phone first and ask for instructions. But.... IMHO a cracked SD slot, unless it cracked out of nothing, is not covered by the warranty. Warranty covers anything wrong with the camera that is due to factory / design error. No warranty will cover accidents... no, wait, there are some that do, but I guess Pentax is not one of them.

Just in case, have proof of purchase (invoice) in hand.

Robert B.