Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just had a discussion with my mother yesterday about how she can just take the memory card out of her point and shoot and put it in her card reader easier than using the usb connection.
Then I recall several instances of her misplacing her phone, her camera and keys so I reversed my suggestions and told her to keep using the usb cord as she is less likely to forget to unplug that from the camera than she is walking off without her one and only memory card.
I myself transfer using the card reader we had installed in the pc but have on occassion transfered from camera with usb just so the card remained in the camera and was not misplaced.

11-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................................................

There's a moral here somewhere
11-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #18
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Go here and READ this.
http://www.jerrycourvoisier.com/files/MemoryCards.pdf

Other tips from Jerry are at:
Jerry Courvoisiser Tips Lightroom and Photoshop
and
Jerry Courvoisier digital photography
Digital Tips | Santa Fe Photographic Workshops Santa Fe, New Mexico

Jerry has been doing digital for quite a few years - you should heed what he says.

As I have stated before - I copy the contents of a SD card (locked once it is out of the camera - that's why they have the little white switch you know) to my Wolverine hard drive (look Ma - No Laptop). I copy the data off of the Wolverine onto my PC and burn DVD's for archive. I never copy the data off of the camera - eats the batteries. When I am in a pinch I have several readers that can read the cards as if they were USB thumb drives directly into the PC, my new laptop has a SDHC reader built in.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL