Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
A Thank You.

I don't know if you all have noticed how great our forum members really are. We share more than information with each other. When we're in a slump there are always members who encourage us to keep trying. When we brake or lose or have camera and gear stolen, there are always members who are ready and willing to help out or lend you one of their cameras until you can get them fixed or replaced. then there are members who just do nice things for other members.
One of these members say a post I posted awhile back in the wanted section. I had come home from a shoot and went to put the hood back on my 50-200mm and found out a small piece broke off and the hood would not lock down in place. I checked out the shops around here and also on line. when I did find the hood it was between 40 and 60 dollars. I just could not afford those prices so I asked in the wanted section to see if some one had an extra one for sale. Well to make this story short. Clawhammer AKA Jacob Adams got in touch and said he knew where one was and would find it for me. Well I received it today and I just had to say thank you to this member and to all of those members here in our forum family.
It makes you proud of our family. And it makes you proud to be honored by their selflessness.
Thanks everyone for your kindness.

11-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Well done Clawhammer. And well done David for posting this. For many reasons, I consider myself fortunate for finding this forum and although I have never meet anyone here, there are plenty of members I'd be proud to call my friend.
11-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
100% agree to that one.
11-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Here here! Let's all have a drink and toast each other.

11-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Dave great post. You helped me out what seems like (wow) a year or two ago. I am a believer in you get what you give. I will raise a glass to you all this evening
11-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can only give a big vote of support to all the preceeding comments. The friends one makes here, and the help and support that is readily available, is something that I am very thankful for.

I believe I am richer for the knowing of you all, albeit, without meeting you.
Your a top bunch of friends and I will drink a toast to you this evening myself (quietly)

Well done Jacob/David (I nearly forgot)
11-22-2008, 03:45 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Agree! Wouldn't it be great if everyone can meet for one grand Pentax get-together!

11-22-2008, 03:56 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
Agree! Wouldn't it be great if everyone can meet for one grand Pentax get-together!
That would be Pats back yard this summer for a pool party.
And that's only if it's OK with his wife.
Get the grill ready Pat.
And again thanks to all.
11-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #9

Dave-Although I have only been a member of this forum for a short time, I really like the kindness and family friendly environment. It's also nice to see that there is another Pentaxian in Lancaster County.

Leadbelly- I think it would be great to have a Pentax Get-together. Count me in

Bramela- I will also make a toast tonight to everyone. Cheers.
11-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cindy s Quote
Dave-Although I have only been a member of this forum for a short time, I really like the kindness and family friendly environment. It's also nice to see that there is another Pentaxian in Lancaster County.

Leadbelly- I think it would be great to have a Pentax Get-together. Count me in

Bramela- I will also make a toast tonight to everyone. Cheers.
Hi Cindy,
First let me say hello and welcome to the forum. It's always nice to find someone close who enjoys the same things. Just to let you know there are some of us in Pa., NJ., MD. and some from VA. who try and get together at least three times a year to enjoy a weekend shoot. We have gotten together in Washington DC. Gettysburg and Front Royal VA. to name a few places, and there are some of us who try and get together as often as we can just to stay in touch.
Being one of the first members here on the forum, (I joined the day the forum came on line.) I have seen our family grow from 12 to what we have now. It has always been a great place to share information and even make friends. It's always nice to be able to put a face to the name here and for some of us that has happened on a few occasions.
I hope you like it here and I'll let you know when there are get togethers planned in this area and I hope to see you at a few.
If your interested in a few weeks I'm hoping to get some members together for a Christmas shoot at LongWood Gardens. It's a beautiful place and a great time.
11-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #11
Pentaxian

I'll raise my glass also! Cheers!
11-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Hey, this is spoken like a true Scotsman, who's paying for this round of drinks. .

If not me, mine's a double.
11-22-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like this forum for the reasons mentioned by everyone else. We all seem to subscribe to a philosophy that was given to me when I offered to repay someone for lending a sleeping bag to replace one that fell out of our station wagon.

I will quote him as closely as I can: "Don't pay me back. Pass it on."

I find the vast majority of members on this forum follow this philosophy.
11-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great story Photo Tramp and kudos to Clawhammer >thumbs up<
I agree, this is a very special forum, a great example of how cool the internet is and how, given a chance, people from all over the world can get along and share and help each other.