Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Program for direct view on computer screen?

I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this posted on PF earlier but when I tried to look for it now I wasn't able to find it.
More specifically, I'm looking for a program that can display an image on my laptop right after the picture was taken. This could perhaps be transferred through the PC cable or something.

11-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I suggest the free program IrfanView which can read both JPG and PEF.
By the way, whether you use a card reader or connect camera directly the laptop just sees it as an external hdd.
11-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I found what I was looking for and I'm very happy now
The program was Remote Assistant, which probably is well-known to most of you here but just in case there are some that don't know, it's freeware from Pentax. Here's a link for Windows users:
XP and Vista: http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/scms_docs/software_drivers/remote_assistant_3/INSTRA0351.exe

Here's two for Mac users:
OS 10.3: http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/scms_docs/software_drivers/remote_assista...0351_OS103.zip

OS 10.4 or later: http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/scms_docs/software_drivers/remote_assista...0351_OS104.zip

Took a while for me to find it so I thought I'd link the program right away. Remember that you have to upgrade your firmware if you're using K10D, and also it only works for K10D and K20D
11-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I'm glad you found it now, I spent a while looking for the link and could not find either, now I can stop looking.