Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
06-24-2021, 12:50 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by niels hansen Quote
Pollei 25 iis very familiaer to the discontinued Agfa pa 25. Rollei also has an ortocromaic film, extreme sharp. Look at Macodirect.de
Be aware that brexit may give taxes
It is not. It is Agfa-Gevaert Aviphot 80 PE1 film (same as Retro 80S, Adox HR-50, IR-HR Pro 50 and Adox Scala) converted and packaged by Harman Technology.

06-24-2021, 01:48 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Curious why slow film and very long exposures? Shooting during daylight and getting long exposures? What do you mean by long exposures - seconds, minutes, hours?
First of all that's a really great and colourful photo. I believe it was a calm day as the trees and foliage still appears very sharp.

I'm mainly interested in shooting landscape photos such as lake views where the water gets blurred into a smooth fluid like in your waterfall photo. I could also try to capture the movement of traffic and people in the city as blurry lines. I also thought of taking long exposures of people hopping on/off a bus, tram or train. The vehicle appears very sharp but people as indistinct. Would exposure times of a couple of seconds be okay for this kind of photos?

I found that our photography club is purchasing Rollei Superpan 200 film in bulk. While not really in the "slow" category, perhaps I should try to shoot a roll or two of that first to get a feel of B & W photography before moving to special films such as those low ISO ones.
06-24-2021, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
For sure you can calm the raging seas with longer shutter times!

If you know the overexposure characteristics of a film, you can definitely take advantage of it and treat it as "slow film". In some cases, it helps improve the perceived "grain" to overexpose it. For instance two very fast films - Fuji Natura and Superia are both ISO1600 films and when overexposed results in finer "grain". Both of these were slightlighy expired at the time I shot them and Superia appears to be grainier then Natura. Notice how with overexposure the grain gets less prominent.

At +5 overexposure these films are essentially ISO50. Also, the colors look unaffected with this much overexposure. Film developing required no pull compensation as I had them processed at box speed of 1600.
06-25-2021, 04:44 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
It is not. It is Agfa-Gevaert Aviphot 80 PE1 film (same as Retro 80S, Adox HR-50, IR-HR Pro 50 and Adox Scala) converted and packaged by Harman Technology.
I know nothing of the origin, but my results with Rollei 25 pan reminds very much of Agfa pan 25. I still have 1 agfapan 25 in the freezer

06-25-2021, 05:05 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by niels hansen Quote
I know nothing of the origin, but my results with Rollei 25 pan reminds very much of Agfa pan 25. I still have 1 agfapan 25 in the freezer
Try an infrared shot or with a red filter, you will see the difference. Aviphot has near infrared sensitivity for better aerial photos.