Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Is Colorado the Only Place for K10D Repair?

In this thread, I have heard Colorado repeated, but no place else even mentioned. I live in Georgia, USA. Is there no Pentax repair for me in Atlanta?

Finally, if Colorado is indeed the end-all/be-all of Pentax repair, then where do I locate an address, contact person, ETA-RT (Round Trip) and are there any procedural issues of which I should be aware?

Thank You for any help that you may be able to give me because I am worried that I have destroyed my camera.

In short, at Thanksgiving while staying in my brother's home, I tried to clean the sensor with my Arctic Butterfly, but forgot to use the menu to Mirror-Up. I HAVE done this before...the Right Way, but this time I stupidly moved the metal piece on the left-hand side of the opening [inside], and I moved it up & down. Whether or not it was the triptophan or not that put me in my stupor, I haven't been able to focus nor shutter-release since then nor been able to use my camera in any way...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(My gifted camera on one of it's better days...)

01-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Yes, Colorado is the only service center for Pentax. Follow this link and you will find the steps required, as well as a phone number.

They will give you an estimate for out-of-warranty work before beginning.

You'll also be glad to know they clean your sensor and viewfinder as a courtesy

BTW...sorry to be an a$$...but that picture is awesome
01-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Thanks, Ryan!

Hey, I really appreciate the info., Ryan! It was all given in good faith and concise, succinct in presentation.

No worries! No need to apologize! It's all good!

BTW, Thanks for the compliment on my photo! Coming from another photographer, I consider THAT to be a high compliment!

Be Blessed!

Stan
01-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Good luck with everything, Stan...my experience with Pentax Service was very good, and I wish you the same

01-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentkon52 Quote
I have sent in istD's, lenses and my K10D to Pentax Canada for repairs over the last few years.

I never heard from them, other than a call about the lens(non warranty).

I find the return is with in 3-4 weeks, but trying to get hold of some one, even when i had their extension number was dam near impossible. Calls never returned.

I did manage to talk to some one earlier this year, they must have been walking by the phone and answered it.

Oh and just for the record, Nikon service in Canada is just as bad for return calls and speaking to some one.

Now, i take the items in person, and they have to speak to me.

Dave

Lucky yu are Dave, being close enough to bring the gear directly to them, in Canada.
I have recently sent my K20D for repair and I had to call myself to find out what the status was. Talked to a friendly lady on the phone but ... she could not find the camera on her computer!??!
So, as of today 2pm, she absolutely garantied me that she would return to me today, with some news.
It has been since December 27, 2008 ... long time!
JP

Just got the call back from service: they have the camera (Great Lord, I hope they do!) and she puts a big RUSH on it right away ... she says. I am to call back next Monday and they'll have it fixed, probably!?

Last edited by jpzk; 01-19-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: just had more info