Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
06-26-2022, 07:02 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are many classic films in which the cinematography surely inspires still photography, but I'll stick to a few perhaps lesser known films which made an impression on me.
The Innocents came out in 2016, so many of the scenes evocate emotion and connection, so many are beautifully composed.
For Black and White, 4 recent films come to mind , the first is "Ida"
The director of "Ida" made another film titled "Cold War"
The recent version of MacBeth is visually stunning as well
One of the few recent Academy Award feature length winners to be filmed in BW (hard to believe it's been a decade since it was released)

Several years ago, we had a discussion about the visual style of this video, which might inspire you as well.
I have been watching this video quite a bit, inspiring for a lot of reasons.

06-28-2022, 08:14 AM   #17
Forum Member

The film Columbus, directed by Kogonada, which came out in 2017 had almost every scene perfectly composed like a still photograph. Quite beautiful to watch.

07-16-2022, 02:22 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm just gonna list some movies that haven't been named yet:

Ran
City of God
Kill Bill
Her
La La Land

Yes, I'm a sucker for bright colours