Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
Pentaxian

vote of confidence today from the local camera store

Disclaimer: I really didn't know if I should post this, but it isn't just about me and what happened. It's about how the camera industry in some areas is now starting to look at Pentax.

My local camera store received the PTN (Photo Trade News) industry award for dealer of the year - which speaks a lot about a company that's local to my area: pitted against bigger stores, they don't do much internet based sales, etc. They've got great customer service, and primarily have carried the "big two".
Bedford Camera and Video

This is the camera store that I regularly do my enlargements printing at now uses my website as examples for selling their Pentax photographic gear.

I didn't know what to say other than mumble "My site... ?? Wow... thank you."

Go Pentax.... 8-)

03-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey, cool! And well deserved. I hope they give you a few deals, seeing as you're helping them sell cameras!

Julie
03-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Hey, cool! And well deserved. I hope they give you a few deals, seeing as you're helping them sell cameras!

Julie
Hi Julie,

Thanks for those words. They've been kind enough to drop the MSRP for me on several items when they can. I also pay 50% of their normal charge for printing. It's saved me a bundle for the exhibits!

Curious - I used to live in Oxford, N.S - my mom was born in Springhill, and my grandmother is from Truro - where are you?

Cheers,
Marc
03-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #4

Congrats !!

Nice going, Marc

I really enjoyed your gallery on the link-very nice photographs. Did you take those Elk photos at Boxley/Ponca area? I have been in Bedfords a few times in the Fayetteville store and they are very helpful.

03-16-2007, 05:16 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick1946 Quote
Nice going, Marc

I really enjoyed your gallery on the link-very nice photographs. Did you take those Elk photos at Boxley/Ponca area? I have been in Bedfords a few times in the Fayetteville store and they are very helpful.
Thanks Nick! The Fayetteville Bedfords is a great place.

You are correct about the locale for photographing the Elk. Pretty much anything less than 300mm is a wasted effort...

BTW, I still have my exhibit on display until March 31st at The Perk on Wedington in Fayetteville - please drop by and check it out... 8-)

Link to that post:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/2849-everyone-invited.html

I would also recommend you join the local photo society. I am on the board and they've got a great symposium coming up in the 1st weekend in May. I'll be co-instructing the macro class.

It can be found here: Photographic Society of Northwest Arkansas Photography Club, Photographer Forum and Photo Gallery

Regards,
Marc
03-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Curious - I used to live in Oxford, N.S - my mom was born in Springhill, and my grandmother is from Truro - where are you?
I split my time between a small town (just outside of Sackville) which is home at the moment, and Halifax, where I go to school. My father grew up in Halifax and Wolfville, my mother near Berwick, in the valley. I pass through (or near) Truro, Oxford, Springhill etc. regularly on the train, and the Cobequid Mountains are one of my favourite places to hike. Family cottage is near Chester, so I'm a Maritimer through and through, as evidenced by the fact that I've lived as far away as BC but ended up back here for the last dozen years or so!

Julie

Last edited by foxglove; 11-21-2007 at 08:58 AM. Reason: obfuscation!