Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #196
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
It is an LX. That's the same movie with Rosie O'Donnell in a BDSM outfit...when she was slimmer.
Before production companies discovered they could tweak their budgets through 'silent product promotion', when you see a top of the line SLR (any brand) used as a stage prop, I would hazard to guess that the camera was borrowed from the production's still photographer. And yes, I am implying the camera was probably used more as working equipment on the set than a stage prop.

08-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #197
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like Cnet chose the K-50 to advertise their new paid service.
Attached Images

08-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #198
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just spotted a Spotmatic in the trailer of an upcoming french movie, you can see it at 0:43 :

GIBRALTAR - Bande Annonce du film avec Gilles Lellouche (2013) - YouTube
Attached Images

08-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #199
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
Before production companies discovered they could tweak their budgets through 'silent product promotion', when you see a top of the line SLR (any brand) used as a stage prop, I would hazard to guess that the camera was borrowed from the production's still photographer. And yes, I am implying the camera was probably used more as working equipment on the set than a stage prop.
That is probably less likely than it sounds. A golden rule of production its that you don't leave important things to chance. Most production designers would make choices about what props are to be used and the art department would try to be sure to have it on hand

10-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #200
MSM
Veteran Member

I just saw a commercial last night for an American insurance company (Nationwide, IIRC). The ad shows burglers breaking into a home stealing items. The company wanted to highlight their replacement plan with identical items. To do this, they have an attractive woman in a leather black cat suit slithering around behind the burglers replacing everything they take. Then I noticed midway through that there was a K-01 stolen off a kitchen counter. I can't be sure but it appeared Nationwide replaced it with a FF version K-02.
10-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #201
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Old News

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
I just saw a commercial last night for an American insurance company (Nationwide, IIRC). The ad shows burglers breaking into a home stealing items. The company wanted to highlight their replacement plan with identical items. To do this, they have an attractive woman in a leather black cat suit slithering around behind the burglers replacing everything they take. Then I noticed midway through that there was a K-01 stolen off a kitchen counter. I can't be sure but it appeared Nationwide replaced it with a FF version K-02.
but replaced by FF version K-02? I dig that!
10-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #202
Inactive Account

The movie Shutter with Joshua Jackson and Rachael Taylorhas a guy shooting a hot model in a cowboy hat with a Pentax camera. The scene is about 2/3 into the movie. It must be a paid spot because the brand is clearly visible in multiple scenes.

. . . and this was noted in post #95 in this thread.

Last edited by Rob22315; 10-27-2013 at 06:16 PM.
11-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #203
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Discovery Channel - "Unexplained Files", the episode is about the curse of disturbing mummified human remains..... In this episode there is a re-enactment of one of the supposedly cursed individuals taking a photo of the mummified remains. He is clearly using a Pentax camera, which appears to be one of the ME series bodies.
12-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #204
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hawaii Five-O
Season: 2
Episode: The Joker’s Wild, Man, Wild!
Air Date: Dec 17th, 1969

Pentax box top left shelf in the camera store.
Attached Images

12-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #205

Sharp eyes to catch that one, but I'm more intrigued by what exactly the Sony offerings were in that camera store, given two Sony signs on top of the shelves.

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Hawaii Five-O
Season: 2
Episode: The Joker’s Wild, Man, Wild!
Air Date: Dec 17th, 1969

Pentax box top left shelf in the camera store.
12-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NotSteve Quote
Sharp eyes to catch that one, but I'm more intrigued by what exactly the Sony offerings were in that camera store, given two Sony signs on top of the shelves.
Yeah if found that a bit strange as well. Sony back in 1969 was a really small company in North America and mostly known for TVs. Not sure what this small store would have carried by Sony, maybe batteries?

Phil.
12-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yeah if found that a bit strange as well. Sony back in 1969 was a really small company in North America and mostly known for TVs. Not sure what this small store would have carried by Sony, maybe batteries?

Phil.
Might have been SONY transistor radios?
12-09-2013, 04:32 PM - 1 Like   #208
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sony had a video recorder system in 1965.
Sony CV Series Video
12-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #209
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah both transistor radios and the video camera are possibilities.

Phil.
12-24-2013, 04:17 AM   #210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another One, The White Lioness

A pretty good political thriller/assassination plot film set in Sweden and South Africa, from 1996, Vangard Cinema. "The White Lioness", about 2/3 through, the policeman's girlfriend recognizes a suspect in an airport terminal and manages to snap a frame with a late-film-era Pentax.
Ron