Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2015, 01:20 AM   #256
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have used it with my film bodies. In fact, thumb-under is one of the best ways to hold my XA

Now the XA is an awesome camera with one of the sharpest lenses I've ever used. I used one as my only camera for most of the nineties and took some of my all-time favourite shots with it. In fact I've got two big prints of XA shots on the wall right next to me as I type, and nobody would ever guess they were shot with such a tiny camera.

06-09-2015, 09:47 PM - 2 Likes   #257

I've been wanting to post this for a long time, so today i put the dvd in and took some screenshots since i cant find any of it on the net... Supernatrual Season 5, episode 10.
Bobby's Spotmatic and group photo.
Attached Images

06-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #258

OH and i know this isnt Pentax... But i still love the Opening credits to Licence to Kill.
Attached Images

06-19-2015, 10:06 PM   #259
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Streets of San Francisco Season 3 Episode 3 "Target: Red". (Original air date September 26, 1974)

Looks like the camera could be a Spotmatic?

Phil.

Attached Images

06-20-2015, 05:26 AM   #260
Veteran Member

Last night I saw an ad or so on TV where there was a camera. It was black with an orange base, so it musr have been a K-S2. Can't remember the ad though, from where it was or what it was for.
06-24-2015, 10:37 PM   #261
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The movie is called "The Genius of Photography" and is about... photography
Nobuyoshi Araki with his MZ-S.
07-05-2015, 02:44 AM   #262
Pentaxian

Terminator II about quarter of the way in.

Arnie is ejected through a window from a shopping mall and lands on the sidewalk on his back. He looks up at a couple of bystanders one of whom has a SLR at the near ready. I am sure it is a Pentax from the SFX/SF1 series- it has that distinctive wide blocky penta prism with writing on it of the series and is a 80s camera contemporary with the movie.

07-05-2015, 10:35 AM   #263
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Terminator II about quarter of the way in.

Arnie is ejected through a window from a shopping mall and lands on the sidewalk on his back. He looks up at a couple of bystanders one of whom has a SLR at the near ready. I am sure it is a Pentax from the SFX/SF1 series- it has that distinctive wide blocky penta prism with writing on it of the series and is a 80s camera contemporary with the movie.
07-05-2015, 04:41 PM   #264
Pentaxian

Thanks, furryurry - I missed the Pentax strap -at least on a conscious level...great screen grab there...
07-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #265

I was watching the "Columbo" season 10 episode "Death Hits the Jackpot" (original air day Dec. 15, 1991 ABC Movie Special). At a wake for the victim, who was a photographer, someone asks Peter Falk to take a group photo and hands him one of the victims cameras. In a closeup you can see the AOC (Asahi Optical Co) logo on the pentaprism cover. The "Pentax" name is covered with black gaffers tape and you can't make out the model but it looks like a K1000 with a SMC Pentax-M 120mm F2.8 lens. In a later scene the camera has a shorter focal length lens on it. The closeup in the later scene has the longer lens.

Notice the non-standard f-stops on the aperture ring - this provides an important clue for the story.
Attached Images

07-29-2015, 02:39 PM   #266
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I was watching the "Columbo" season 10 episode "Death Hits the Jackpot" (original air day Dec. 15, 1991 ABC Movie Special). At a wake for the victim, who was a photographer, someone asks Peter Falk to take a group photo and hands him one of the victims cameras. In a closeup you can see the AOC (Asahi Optical Co) logo on the pentaprism cover. The "Pentax" name is covered with black gaffers tape and you can't make out the model but it looks like a K1000 with a SMC Pentax-M 120mm F2.8 lens. In a later scene the camera has a shorter focal length lens on it. The closeup in the later scene has the longer lens.

Notice the non-standard f-stops on the aperture ring - this provides an important clue for the story.
V well spotted indeed!
08-01-2015, 04:25 AM   #267
Veteran Member

I'm curious how it was a clue for the story? Maybe you can give a quick summary etc.?

It's sad that there are no _new_ Pentax cameras in movies and TV shows.
08-01-2015, 04:58 AM   #268
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote

It's sad that there are no _new_ Pentax cameras in movies and TV shows.
Different game these days.

If you see a brand name these days it's paid-for product placement.
08-01-2015, 07:57 AM   #269
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Different game these days.

If you see a brand name these days it's paid-for product placement.
True, or it's a movie produced by Sony... guess what brands they will use.

But often enough you do see a camera where the name is removed, and it always is a Canon or Nikon. They wouldn't touch a Pentax...

Philip Bloom's recent documentary that was shot for CNN (The Wonder List) did use a Pentax 645Z, but only for BTS stills. Otherwise they used a Sony F55 I believe, a Sony A7S, some Canon C100 and GoPros. So far I haven't seen the Pentax pop up in the background. Oh yeah, and Philip selected the cameras based on their merits and abilities (and price/availability... apparently CNN shoots C100 so they could get some from there).
08-01-2015, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #270

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
'm curious how it was a clue for the story? Maybe you can give a quick summary etc.?
Possible spoiler alert! If you have not seen the Season 10 "Columbo" episode "Death Wins the Jackpot" do not read on!

With the Columbo series - most of the time we witness the murder - so we usually know who the murderer is - we don't always know exactly who was killed or how it was done. The joy of this series is watch Peter Falk as Columbo - discover and follow clues that tell him that a murder was committed, who and how it was done. It is also entertaining to watch the perpetrators match wits with Columbo and try to throw him off the trail.

The victim is the only winner in the Calfornia Lottery jackpot of $30.5 million by correctly picking all 5 numbers. A problem is that he and his wife are getting divorced which is not yet final. He doesn't want to split the money with his wife. He goes to his favorite rich upscale jewellery store owning uncle who proposes to pretend he (the uncle) is the winning ticket holder and after the divorce was final give the winnings to his "favorite" nephew for a percentage. We learned earlier however the "rich" uncle is facing bankruptcy. When the uncle learns the whereabouts of the letter of agreement over the deal, the uncle drowns his nephew in a bathtub staging it to look like a slip and fall accident. The uncle had arranged a costume party as his alibi, setting his nephew's watch ahead so it would appear that the uncle was at the party at the time of death. Columbo has to establish the death was not accidental and then who had motive, means and opportunity for the murder.

The winning lotto numbers are 4-5-8-11-16.