Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Losing pictures

Help! I have just discovered that my isd pentax will only read 1gb of my 2gb card! Took some great shots the other morning only to realise my card had stopped recorded about forty photos earlier. got home and took a shot and read the message that I had not seen while shooting: this image not recorded. I am shooting in raw (not in the raw) and only got a few pics. Can I download a programme somewhere which will help me or do I just by several 1gb cards
thanks, Trish

01-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Are you trying to recover images? If the images you took weren't recorded onto the SD card in the first place, you won't be able to recover the images. If they were recorded but you're having trouble accessing them, try a data recovery program. I've used PC Inspector File Recovery with very good results.
01-05-2009, 04:44 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Trish and welcome to the forums. First of all I think the the shots you took that weren't recorded are gone. Sorry about that. However you can upgrade the firmware of the ist D to accept higher capacity cards. First of all check to see which version of firmware you have. To do that turn on the camera while holding down the "menu" button, the firmware version will be listed on the rear lcd. AFAIK, the latest ist D firmware version is V.1.12. If you have a lower number than that you can upgrade which will give your camera the ability to read bigger cards (along with other features). Go to the Pentax site PENTAX Digital Cameras and DSLRs - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site click on 'support', then 'self support', then 'firmware update', then historical product and highlight the ist D. Read and print the firmware instructions and download the firmware. When installing the firmware follow the instructions exactly! and you'll be set.

NaCl(hope that helps)H2O
01-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #4

After you update the firmware, also be sure to format the card in the camera before using. Sometimes cameras don't play well with cards formatted in your computer.

HTH,
-southy

01-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #5

Original Poster
firmware update

Thank you so much for all the detailed info. I shall go and do that asap. Umm, how do I format the card after I have downloaded info.
Trish
01-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by trishytee Quote
Thank you so much for all the detailed info. I shall go and do that asap. Umm, how do I format the card after I have downloaded info.
Trish
I imagine it's the same as my K100D - go to the Menu and select Setup. Navigate your way to Format with the four-way selector buttons, select Format then OK and you're done. The names on your camera might be a bit different, but the principle is the same.
01-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #7

Location: N/E Victoria, Australia, on the mighty Murray River.
Photos: Albums
Remember to that when you format a memory card every thing on that card will be wiped.
Make sure your card is empty before copying firmware update to it and make sure your battery
is fully charged or you can plug camera into mains power. If you lose power to your camera when
applying firmware update it can completely stuff your camera.