Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mind if I stick around?

As if it hasn't been made obvious by the numerous things I've put up for sale lately, I am switching brands. Or rather, switching cameras; I found an incredible deal on a lightly used 1Ds Mark II and picked up a few lenses to go with it. As much as I love the K20D, I really can't justify maintaining two camera systems when it's just a hobby for me. And frankly, the 1Ds2 wins out -- as you would expect it to, and it is not fair to compare cameras when one costs brand new 1/4th of the other one used...

Either way, I enjoy this forum very much and other than not being able to submit work for the contests, I hope you guys are ok with an off-brand user hanging out. I'll probably keep the Spotmatic and 50/1.4 just to have one foot left in the water though...

01-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Damn Brit

No need to even ask as far as I'm concerned. You've still got a Pentax camera and Lens and I'm sure you're opinions are still just as valid.
Just keep the other brand out of your posts.
01-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
As if it hasn't been made obvious by the numerous things I've put up for sale lately, I am switching brands. Or rather, switching cameras; I found an incredible deal on a lightly used 1Ds Mark II and picked up a few lenses to go with it. As much as I love the K20D, I really can't justify maintaining two camera systems when it's just a hobby for me. And frankly, the 1Ds2 wins out -- as you would expect it to, and it is not fair to compare cameras when one costs brand new 1/4th of the other one used...

Either way, I enjoy this forum very much and other than not being able to submit work for the contests, I hope you guys are ok with an off-brand user hanging out. I'll probably keep the Spotmatic and 50/1.4 just to have one foot left in the water though...

By all means!

You'll want to stick around to see see the results from the K30D + DA* 55 1.4 combo. And then, you'll be back.

01-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are several others who've done the same. So no problem. It's always good to hear from a user of another system as well who understands both.

01-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No worries here!

FWIW, I did ask for a general opinion/consensus about posting some Canon images before. I generally leave brands out of any discussion, since it's the image that matters the most to me... unless I've posted an informal real world review of them...

Having used two systems brings better understanding to the table when discussing things... but not to be used as a bludgeon for an agenda.
01-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mmm, K30D... let's hope it will be all that and maybe I'll switch back. If Nikon can sell a FF body with monster AF performance at $2200-2300 I can't help but wonder if Pentax can put out a sub-$2k APS-C camera with stellar autofocus and framerate...

Thanks for the kind words, guys. The Pentax system really is fantastic and certainly has the best crowd of supporters.
01-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #7

I don't see no reason as to why you should stay away from this forum. It's not as if Pentax is a religion "allowing for no other faith". Hehe. Or maybe it should be... That way noone should be able to switch.

01-06-2009, 06:01 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maleek Quote
I don't see no reason as to why you should stay away from this forum. It's not as if Pentax is a religion "allowing for no other faith". Hehe. Or maybe it should be... That way noone should be able to switch.

Just stay far, far away from the Kool-Aid!
01-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
Veteran Member

One thing I really like about PentaxForums is the techniques first - equipment second general trends. The only exception being the hopes for the next best thing which is amusing, and at times, informative.