Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eclipsed450 Quote
no they dont, and they dont make left handed p&s's either...
I've used P&S's upside down on occasion, however it's hard to view the pictures later standing on ones head

01-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i make my assistant carry my second body!

but when im all alone, i think about the image i want to make "wide" or "in your face"

and i choose 16-50 or 50-135...

but if i must carry two bodies, i carry a film body, and thats a light way to hold a second lens and its loaded with film!
01-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I tend to leave one around my neck or shoulder and the other in my bag. I just got a Lowepro Inverse 200 hip pack that'll be especially good for this.

I've got an Optech strap that has the connectors that can detach from the neoprene part of the strap; I connect the remaining "connectors" (the parts that are actually attached to the camera itself), creating a decent hand strap. You can buy extra connectors for the second body, so either one can be worn around the neck or shoulder while the other is in the bag and can be grabbed by the hand strap when it's time to shoot with it.

On the subject of Optech, they do have a strap that holds two bodies:
Reporter Strap | Demo Page
I've never tried it myself, but that's an option if you don't mind carrying all that weight on one strap.

BTW, on the issue of left-hand vs. right-hand, I'm actually ambidexterous...I do some things left-handed and others right-handed. With my photography, I really don't find a need to have my shutter button on the left side, but I'm left-eyed when it comes to the viewfinder.

HTH,
Heather
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess if you needed a left-handed DSLR cause of an injury, you could tape a remote to an old flash bracket and work it that way?

01-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
That's why we have two shoulders, one for each camera.

Bags are for the extra ones.
01-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
That's cause left-handed people are evil - they shouldn't be allowed to do anything with their evil left hands of evil....
My wife's right hand side hardly work at all due to cerebral palsy, so she uses a Pentax Optio MX. It's shaped more or less (the accent is on more) like a video camera, with a handle on the right hand side that can be pivoted down. In that position, she can use it with her left hand. Not the best of solutions, but it works for her.
01-11-2009, 01:58 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I've carried to bodies for many years and it always DEPENDS what I'm shooting.
Usually both are on shoulder straps but, one camera is in my hands whilst the other is hanging on the shoulder - and this makes it easy to switch camera.

Camera in the bag ain't gonna do you any good.

01-11-2009, 03:15 AM   #23

If I had to shoot with two bodies, I'd probably follow the lead of Tim Page:

( shown here wearing a Leica rangefinder with probably a 21mm lens, and a Nikon SLR with probably a 135mm telephoto. "Informal portrait of photographer Timothy John (Tim) Page taken during a United States Marine Corps patrol in Vietnam. Two cameras (one a Nikon) are hanging from his neck as he sits on the ground during a rest break. Tim Page photographed the Vietnam War from 1965 to 1969, for United Press International, Associated Press, Paris Match and Time-Life, and was wounded five times." from the Australian War Memorial website. )

Op/Tech make a simlar strap system called their Reporter Strap. Edit: as Heather mentioned above!
Attached Images

Last edited by ChrisN; 01-11-2009 at 11:50 PM.
01-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #24
Veteran Member

When I go to fire scenes I'll have my 17-50 on one body around my neck, and the 55-300 in my hand with the strap around my wrist.

I use mostly the 55-300 so it stays in my hand, when I need the 17-50, I just let the 55-300 hang off my wrist.

Thats what works for me.

Pat
01-12-2009, 01:38 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
(snip) camera in the bag can't take the picture.... (snip)

Unless your camera is a heck of a lot more advanced than mine, camera outside of the bag can't take the picture either.

As for carrying cameras, I'm the same as 247nino - have assistants to carry my equipment. Otherwise, wife is instantly promoted to my assistant.

stewart

-

Last edited by stewart_photo; 01-12-2009 at 01:45 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
01-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
That's cause left-handed people are evil - they shouldn't be allowed to do anything with their evil left hands of evil..... (snip)

My wife is left-handed, very touchy about the subject, and I agree with you entirely.

Anyone want to place bets on whether I'll show that to the wife or not?

stewart
01-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Awesome!!!!
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
My wife is left-handed, very touchy about the subject, and I agree with you entirely.

Anyone want to place bets on whether I'll show that to the wife or not?

stewart
oh please do show her....

i'm safe here on the other side of the world :P
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #29
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I guess if you needed a left-handed DSLR cause of an injury, you could tape a remote to an old flash bracket and work it that way?
Mamiya made a left hand shutter release camera in the early 80s.

01-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
. . .
BTW, on the issue of left-hand vs. right-hand, I'm actually ambidexterous...I do some things left-handed and others right-handed. With my photography, I really don't find a need to have my shutter button on the left side, but I'm left-eyed when it comes to the viewfinder.

HTH,
Heather
I am the same way. I have had people to ask me if I was right handed when they see me operating things left handed. I use my left eye in the viewfinder most of the time also.

Edit: The camera above may be the best left handed 35mm film camera ever made.